Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Your thoughts

Posted by on Jan. 30, 2013 at 6:14 PM
  • 20 Replies
  • 339 Total Views

A friend of mine posted on FB earlier asking what she should do. Her daughter fell down the stairs a few days ago and landed on her back. Then she added that she slipped on the ice last night on her back. She then asked if she should take her to the ER  or if anyone could recommend an orthopaedist. The general response was to get her to the ER.  she said she would take her later because she had some exams at school and a therapy appt. she just posted that she would take her later after she took her so to cub scouts and that her daughter was in a lot of pain.

call me crazy, but if your child was hurt and in pain, wouldn't you drop everything and get them medical attention. I'm sure the teachers would understand if she went to the ER and an appt can be teschefulef. Maybe I'm missing something here.

Michelle Jenner
Independent Avon Representative
www.youravon.com/michellejenner
Use code REPFS for free shipping when you use the direct delivery option 

by on Jan. 30, 2013 at 6:14 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
firelites
by Anne on Jan. 30, 2013 at 6:28 PM
1 mom liked this

she should have been taken to the er with the first fall

cuteoverload
by on Jan. 30, 2013 at 6:43 PM

That is called DUMB!

gonecrazi
by Lucky :) on Jan. 30, 2013 at 6:59 PM

My son (16) was horsing around at a swimming pool a couple of years ago. Someone threw him in and he herniated two discs. He ended up having to have surgery. I would take her asap.

lbzmom
by Support Team Sister on Jan. 30, 2013 at 7:23 PM

spinal injuries should have the ems called and not move the injured person.  sometimes the person might not seem badly injured and moves and goes about things only to suffer worse trama to the injury resulting in nerve damage.

And the longer nerve damage is left untreated, the worse it can get due to swelling.

This person obviously has no clue about back injuries for one, and maybe she doesnt have insurance to pay the er or even worse, I'd hate to think this but, perhaps she is responsible for her child's falls...  

michellejenner
by Bronze sister on Jan. 30, 2013 at 7:27 PM

She has insurance.

sahlady
by It's a jen.thing :) on Jan. 30, 2013 at 7:34 PM

AND she had time to type this on on FB.

crazymom729
by Cajun Witch (dealer) on Jan. 30, 2013 at 7:41 PM

I don't think you are missing a thing...she obviously is...like a few brain cells!!  Why would you not get your child to the ER immediately if she is truly hurt.  Makes you think if she really is.

dana63
by Momma of 40ish on Jan. 30, 2013 at 7:41 PM

I am sorry but my child tells me she is in pain and I knew she fell her butt would be at the ER (or doctor). My son was hit in the hand with a baseball and he broke his growth plate in his thumb and he said it didnt hurt but momma wanted to make sure, he was in surgery that night so they could place a pin to fix it.

I agree with Jen, she has time to place it on FB on what to do but yet she cant figure out to drop everything and take care of her child...

mom4life5107
by Sister on Jan. 30, 2013 at 8:09 PM

THAT IS SAD THE MOTHER IS ONLY THINKING ABOUT HER SELF!!!!!!  SHE NEEDS HELP!!!!!!  I HPOE THE CHILD IS GOING TO BE OK.

kimberly161
by Sister on Jan. 30, 2013 at 8:28 PM
The back is such a sensitive spot too. I know I tend to overreact to my kids being in pain and want to take them to the dr right away. Thank Goodness for insurance
CafeMom Tickers
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)