Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

40ish and beyond... 40ish and beyond...

So Tired Of These Annoying Calls - Do You Get These Too?

Posted by   + Show Post

My car dealership was purchased by a national chain, and ever since I get calls (a minimum of one a month, sometimes more) from sales people saying my vehicle is in high demand and do I want to sell (translation: do you want to trade in and buy a new car from us). I've told them every time that when/if I decide I want to buy a new car I will call them and to please stop these calls, but to no avail. My SUV is an '07 with 62K miles. I own it free and clear, and I absolutely do not want and cannot afford to make car payments. I work from home and bought a house close to Han's school to eliminate the ridiculous commute my ex used to impose on me and the kids by insisting they attend the school attached to his church, which meant an hour spent in the car each day and an earlier bed time to accommodate it. I hope to keep my SUV for a good long time, and I'm absolutely sick to death of these unwanted sales calls. I'm tempted to write the dealership directly and state that this aggressive tactic may cost them a loyal customer. I get my car serviced with them, but that may change!!

by on Jan. 31, 2013 at 12:01 PM
Replies (11-20):
wishbearmom
by Ruby sister on Jan. 31, 2013 at 3:44 PM

I don't ever answer calls that are not local, but I do answer local calls, figuring it might pertain to one of my kids.

Quoting Dora-rulz:

We get a lot of mail from a local dealer that serviced our car but bought it in the Midwest before moving to TX (dh friend is car salesman & got us really good deal). If I don't recognize number I don't answer. If its important they will leave a message.

RubyQ
by Gold sister on Jan. 31, 2013 at 4:07 PM
1 mom liked this

yes, I get these about our vehicle--and it is a dodge truck almost 15 years old! The thing is--ANY used vehicle is in demand right now, so that's why they are able to say this. It is just a ruse to get you to think about trading in your vehicle for a new....CAR PAYMENT! In other words, they want you to trade up--up to more 'interest payments', lol. Don't fall for it! 

wishbearmom
by Ruby sister on Jan. 31, 2013 at 4:09 PM

I've told them in so many words I cannot afford a car payment and to please stop calling. It hasn't worked : (

Quoting RubyQ:

yes, I get these about our vehicle--and it is a dodge truck almost 15 years old! The thing is--ANY used vehicle is in demand right now, so that's why they are able to say this. It is just a ruse to get you to think about trading in your vehicle for a new....CAR PAYMENT! In other words, they want you to trade up--up to more 'interest payments', lol. Don't fall for it! 

RubyQ
by Gold sister on Jan. 31, 2013 at 4:17 PM
1 mom liked this

Quoting wishbearmom:

I've told them in so many words I cannot afford a car payment and to please stop calling. It hasn't worked : (

Quoting RubyQ:

: (  If you can get rid of my annoying callers, I'll get rid of yours, lol!

wishbearmom
by Ruby sister on Jan. 31, 2013 at 4:37 PM
1 mom liked this

Deal! shake hand

Quoting RubyQ:

Quoting wishbearmom:

Quoting RubyQ:

: (  If you can get rid of my annoying callers, I'll get rid of yours, lol!

valleymomma1
by Bronze sister on Jan. 31, 2013 at 7:17 PM
1 mom liked this

I get just way to many annoying calls the bank used to call alot trying t sellus this or that ect one day I went to the bank & told the manager if they did not stop calling I would change banks that amazingly stopped it.   Maybe if you were firm spoke to a manager & told them if u get one more you will never consider a new car through them again.

starlight1968
by 40ish hang out queen on Feb. 1, 2013 at 10:06 AM
1 mom liked this

I would definitely do the name/supervisor name etc. and send them a letter.  Make sure you state they stop and if they do not you WILL take your buis. elsewhere..... and you will call THEM when ready to move into a newer car but not in the foreseeable future...

karanmi
by Sister on Feb. 1, 2013 at 1:52 PM
1 mom liked this

We must be lucky as we never get these from our dealership we have bought some. We do get adds when they send out but I just toss them. And we did get a Christmas Card the last two years from our saleslady at the dealership.

The one though that really upsets me is " HEllo , This is Rachael from CArd Holders and we can lower your credit card ninterest rate. " Hello I do not have a credit  card and my DH only has a 3%^ intrest rate on his. Can not get lower than that I am sure. lol . Had a bank call one time wanting to lower his rate and when he said how low and told him what his was they said well we can not go that low. Never heard from that bank again. 

Karan

cjcharlie1959
by Dungeon Queen on Feb. 1, 2013 at 2:02 PM
1 mom liked this

I feel sorry that you are going through this  I don't get it with the car thing but I get with COX Communication for bundling internet, phone and TV cable. 

Lovemyshadows
by Bronze sister on Feb. 1, 2013 at 5:26 PM
1 mom liked this

Next time tell them you will never buy another car from them and will urge your friends to avoid them too because of the annoying phone calls.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)