Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

40ish and beyond... 40ish and beyond...

PAY IT FORWARD

Posted by on Feb. 1, 2013 at 6:08 AM
  • 11 Replies
  • 183 Total Views
1 mom liked this

"PAY IT FORWARD", When someone does a nice deed for you and you pay a nice deed to someone else:

So, when someone opens the door for me to let me in while I'm pushing a double stroller, I say "thank you" to that person and remember to do a good deed for another. 1 week later, I see a very cold and shivering military guard at the gate. After I was done grocery shopping, I stopped at the BX for a large cup of hot cocoa. I turned my car around and I gave it to him. It was nice to see his big smile.

WOULD YOU LIKE TO SHARE YOUR LATEST "PAY IT FORWARD" STORY?  

by on Feb. 1, 2013 at 6:08 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
TableforSeven
by Bronze sister on Feb. 1, 2013 at 6:59 AM
1 mom liked this

I do nice things for people all the time without keeping track if when someone did something nice for me,  I hold doors, let someone with their hands full go through a tight space first, let someone with just a few items in front of me at the grocery store (there are no express lanes here), smile at strangers on the street, etc.

starlight1968
by 40ish hang out queen on Feb. 1, 2013 at 9:27 AM

what a neat thing to do...I try to do it all the time...when I can!

poemcollector
by Bronze sister on Feb. 1, 2013 at 9:49 AM

While I was at work ,busy with getting the regular cleaning chores done for one of my customers ,   I threaded a needle for a older lady who was trying to mend a button , her fingers were full of arthritis so bending them was difficult . I knew this would only take me a second , I asked her if I could help . She did not speak real good english, so I would catch every third word , she began to pull out a bag on the side where she was sitting , showing  me some of her embroidery she had accomplished over the years. Her work was stunning with detailed perfection . I began describing  about some that  had been passed down from my mother . For a moment  there was no barrier's we could not cross , she gave me a big smile, I handed her back the needle , and she began to sew. 

sewing

poemcollector
GoddessJohnnie
by Goddess Johnnie on Feb. 1, 2013 at 1:34 PM
1 mom liked this

Besides making that birthday cake for the 'unlikeable student', just yesterday I bought a large Coke for one of our security guards at work.  Josh has always got my back and is there to listen when I'm having a bad day.  I know he's a soda junky, so I brought him a Coke when I went to lunch, just because.

BL2010
by BL on Feb. 1, 2013 at 2:44 PM

Did Joe come to school yesterday

Quoting GoddessJohnnie:

Besides making that birthday cake for the 'unlikeable student', just yesterday I bought a large Coke for one of our security guards at work.  Josh has always got my back and is there to listen when I'm having a bad day.  I know he's a soda junky, so I brought him a Coke when I went to lunch, just because.

Lovemyshadows
by Bronze sister on Feb. 1, 2013 at 4:58 PM

I bought a lady a cup of Starbucks, she said I made her day.  It feel good to be nice and share when you can

GoddessJohnnie
by Goddess Johnnie on Feb. 1, 2013 at 7:06 PM

Yes, he did!  Three days in a row, on time!

Quoting BL2010:

Did Joe come to school yesterday

Quoting GoddessJohnnie:

catwoman123456
by Sister on Feb. 1, 2013 at 8:11 PM

My dd was going thru the toll and paid for the car behind her- it had happened to her the previous day and  cheered her right up !cat

cuteoverload
by on Feb. 2, 2013 at 1:12 AM

to SISTERHOOD

My name is Margie, divorced, single mom, criminal justice professional, mother of two sons ages 26 and 29.  It's nice to meet you and want to welcome you to our family of sisterhood where you are loved as both friend and family.  If you ever need to talk, just make a post and someone will be there to listen.  Have a wonderful day.  I live in Kansas, which is the center of the US.

CharlotteRose
by Bronze sister on Feb. 2, 2013 at 12:37 PM

I bought a mans coffee the other day at the coffee shop because someone was gracious enough to do that for me a couple weeks ago and I always open doors for strangers

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)