Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Pastor Leaves Rude Note On Receipt In Lieu of Tip

Posted by on Feb. 1, 2013 at 12:44 PM
  • 40 Replies
  • 593 Total Views

The waitress was fired when a photo of this receipt clearly showing the Pastor's name ended up on the Internet, and the Pastor lodged a complaint with Applebees. In my opinion, both the waitress who posted it and the Pastor who stiffed her are in the wrong.

by on Feb. 1, 2013 at 12:44 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
arthistmom
by on Feb. 1, 2013 at 12:45 PM

It seems the complaining pastor got the waitress fired from her job.

wishbearmom
by Ruby sister on Feb. 1, 2013 at 12:50 PM

Yes. I'm sure she was embarrassed - as well she should have been (and I'm quite certain that was the intent when the receipt was posted). Still, embarrassing someone publicly on the internet is every bit as low or lower than what the Pastor did. I doubt the Pastor was sorry, though, just sorry that now everyone knows her true nature.

Quoting arthistmom:

gonecrazi
by Lucky :) on Feb. 1, 2013 at 12:58 PM
1 mom liked this

I agree..they were both in the wrong...

CBMMOM
by Sister on Feb. 1, 2013 at 12:59 PM

Does anyone know where this happened? My nephew said this happened at the Applebees he works at. Minus the waitress getting fired.

Why123
by Nancy on Feb. 1, 2013 at 1:00 PM
2 moms liked this

The pastor was not very Christian acting and the server was vengeful.  Both wrong.

arthistmom
by on Feb. 1, 2013 at 1:01 PM
1 mom liked this

Oh yes, the pastor was humiliated and contrite, according to the follow-up story. But it seems that she has the upper hand: not only did she get the waitress fired (she actually wanted "everyone involved" terminated) but she stiffed her party's original server.

Quoting wishbearmom:

Yes. I'm sure she was embarrassed - as well she should have been (and I'm quite certain that was the intent when the receipt was posted). Still, embarrassing someone publicly on the internet is every bit as low or lower than what the Pastor did. I doubt the Pastor was sorry, though, just sorry that now everyone knows her true nature.

Quoting arthistmom:

MomsTaxiAndATM
by 40ish Angel on Feb. 1, 2013 at 1:02 PM
1 mom liked this

Wow!!!!! Somehow Im thinking this is "not" WWJD!! Yes, the server should not have blasted his name on the Internet but really? Uncalled for especially from a supposed man of God who should be gathering children for Christ not running them off the cliff! Again I say.. wow!

MomsTaxiAndATM
by 40ish Angel on Feb. 1, 2013 at 1:03 PM
1 mom liked this

Quoting Why123:

The pastor was not very Christian acting and the server was vengeful.  Both wrong.

Ditto!

wishbearmom
by Ruby sister on Feb. 1, 2013 at 1:07 PM

It was an Applebees. I'm not certain of the location.

Quoting CBMMOM:

Does anyone know where this happened? My nephew said this happened at the Applebees he works at. Minus the waitress getting fired.

atlmom2
by Susie on Feb. 1, 2013 at 1:35 PM
2 moms liked this
So rude to tip zero. That is all they make are tips. All the salary goes to taxes. Not very Christian. I would be quitting that church if I went there.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)