Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

40ish and beyond... 40ish and beyond...

Pastor Leaves Rude Note On Receipt In Lieu of Tip

Posted by   + Show Post

The waitress was fired when a photo of this receipt clearly showing the Pastor's name ended up on the Internet, and the Pastor lodged a complaint with Applebees. In my opinion, both the waitress who posted it and the Pastor who stiffed her are in the wrong.

by on Feb. 1, 2013 at 12:44 PM
Replies (31-40):
3JuJu3
by Sister on Feb. 3, 2013 at 2:54 AM

The pastor claims that she was shamed, but she reacted to this shame by complaining to the manager of Applebees and getting an employee fired.  She was shamed, but not contrite. 

mumsy2three
by Shauna on Feb. 3, 2013 at 6:58 AM
1 mom liked this

Agree~

Quoting Why123:

The pastor was not very Christian acting and the server was vengeful.  Both wrong.

SeanandNoahsmom
by Manning Fan on Feb. 3, 2013 at 7:09 AM

Oh, that was so rude of that man; calls himself a pastor? I know how hard service people, like waiters, work for those tips. Not Fair! But then, the waitress had no business posting it, either.

wishbearmom
by Ruby sister on Feb. 3, 2013 at 7:12 AM

It's a woman pastor, and I agree on both counts.

Quoting SeanandNoahsmom:

Oh, that was so rude of that man; calls himself a pastor? I know how hard service people, like waiters, work for those tips. Not Fair! But then, the waitress had no business posting it, either.

Madammeke
by Sister on Feb. 3, 2013 at 9:40 AM
1 mom liked this
Classless Pasyor, ignorant waitress. In my opinion she should not have been fired and I hope she fights it in court.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
mizhoward
by Bronze sister on Feb. 3, 2013 at 9:57 AM
2 moms liked this

That pastor was very un-Christian like for doing that and the waitress probably shouldn't have posted the receipt on facebook.  When our Pastor and Church members go out, our Pastor always tells everyone to leave a tip.  He even checks everyone's table and puts a tip on there if one isn't left.

cjs702006
by Buddah on Feb. 3, 2013 at 10:55 AM

I saw that. I was a waitress for years and if I saw that I would be highly pissed. Why does a pastor recieve a paycheck from the church they "work" at if they are truely a servent of Christ?

wishbearmom
by Ruby sister on Feb. 3, 2013 at 11:24 AM

It's considered a full-time job in many cases, and they have living expenses like everyone else.

Quoting cjs702006:

I saw that. I was a waitress for years and if I saw that I would be highly pissed. Why does a pastor recieve a paycheck from the church they "work" at if they are truely a servent of Christ?

BeanieBlue
by Silver sister on Feb. 4, 2013 at 1:49 PM
1 mom liked this

I completely agree. You just worded it a whole lot better than I did!! lol

Quoting wishbearmom:

I get why the person who posted the receipt was upset, but tit for tat is childish, and these days people are way too inclined to post every rude and impulsive thought, every embarrassing photo, without considering the long-term consequences. Smart phones need to come with a "are you sure you want to do this" button! I'm so not siding with the pastor btw. As I stated in an earlier response, she of all people should exhibit compassion, not only because of her position (although I do think that should compel her to want to set an example for her parishioners!) but also because she was at one time a homeless mother. Just because she's living a decent life now (speaking of tithing - that's HOW they pay her salary!) should not entitle  her to sit in judgement of others. She shouldn't forget that easily, and if paying the tip is a financial hardship, she shouldn't be eating out.

Quoting BeanieBlue:

The really sad thing is, the pastor in question is a woman! You would think a woman would be a bit more compassionate than that!! (sigh...)

Also, the way I read the follow-up story, the person that posted the receipt and the person who waited on the pastors table are two different people.

The (posting) waitresses defense arguement was that it stated NOWHERE in the employee handbook that this sort of thing was not allowed.

I didn't realize the pastor's name was fully visible. It wasn't in the pic I saw. In THAT case, yes, the signature should have been blacked out. I'm just thinking that "Lady of God" NEEDED to be 'humbled' a bit. jmho :-)

Quoting MomsTaxiAndATM:

Wow!!!!! Somehow Im thinking this is "not" WWJD!! Yes, the server should not have blasted his name on the Internet but really? Uncalled for especially from a supposed man of God who should be gathering children for Christ not running them off the cliff! Again I say.. wow!

25beengoodtome
by Crazy LiL' Sister on Feb. 4, 2013 at 2:37 PM
1 mom liked this

A....A. men Amen A......... men!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)