Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

I'm re-entering cafemom

Posted by on Feb. 1, 2013 at 12:50 PM
  • 11 Replies
  • 158 Total Views

Hello - I'm somewhat tired of FB, but am looking to still be connected.

I'll add more as I enter this site.   I live in a rural area and am protective of my privacy.  I enjoy being outside and truly detest this bitter cold.  I did bundle up yesterday (looked like Nanook of the North) and took the dogs for a walk to feed the livestock. 

I have teenagers and am enduring these years.  At times, they're lovely, wonderful, funny, entertaining, and a joy to be around.  As of this moment, both are testing boundaries and I'm frustrated to the nth degree.  I took water and froze the daughter's windows shut so she can't open her windows to sneak cigs, and as of next Monday, they're both going to ride the bus to school.  I feel like I give an inch and they run a mile.  Yes, I remember being a teenager, and no, I wasn't an angel.  It just feels like the extremes to which they are testing their boundaries and at a younger age, more dangerous, and the consequences for getting caught are much harsher than when I was a teenager.  Hence, the worry.  Most of the time, I approach things with humor. 

I am also unhappy in my job and within a few years, when they are in college, I will probably explore other options. 

As I enter my 40's, I am puzzling out what I truly want.

Thanks for reading!

by on Feb. 1, 2013 at 12:50 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
gonecrazi
by Lucky :) on Feb. 1, 2013 at 12:56 PM

Hello and welcome...

MomsTaxiAndATM
by 40ish Angel on Feb. 1, 2013 at 1:13 PM

Welcome back to cm. LOVE the window thing! lmbo, if I lived up north this sounds exactly like something I would do if the need arose! Welcome to the group and as far as having teens goes... I hear ya! Great bunch of ladies here to talk with and vent with!

Quoting twrymom:

Hello - I'm somewhat tired of FB, but am looking to still be connected.

I'll add more as I enter this site.   I live in a rural area and am protective of my privacy.  I enjoy being outside and truly detest this bitter cold.  I did bundle up yesterday (looked like Nanook of the North) and took the dogs for a walk to feed the livestock. 

I have teenagers and am enduring these years.  At times, they're lovely, wonderful, funny, entertaining, and a joy to be around.  As of this moment, both are testing boundaries and I'm frustrated to the nth degree.  I took water and froze the daughter's windows shut so she can't open her windows to sneak cigs, and as of next Monday, they're both going to ride the bus to school.  I feel like I give an inch and they run a mile.  Yes, I remember being a teenager, and no, I wasn't an angel.  It just feels like the extremes to which they are testing their boundaries and at a younger age, more dangerous, and the consequences for getting caught are much harsher than when I was a teenager.  Hence, the worry.  Most of the time, I approach things with humor. 

I am also unhappy in my job and within a few years, when they are in college, I will probably explore other options. 

As I enter my 40's, I am puzzling out what I truly want.

Thanks for reading!

mom22tumblebugs
by Silver sister on Feb. 1, 2013 at 1:20 PM

Hide the hairdryer!

BL2010
by BL on Feb. 1, 2013 at 1:23 PM

Hi and welcome to the group

cuteoverload
by on Feb. 1, 2013 at 2:25 PM

to SISTERHOOD

My name is Margie, divorced, single mom, criminal justice professional, mother of two sons ages 26 and 29.  It's nice to meet you and want to welcome you to our family of sisterhood where you are loved as both friend and family.  If you ever need to talk, just make a post and someone will be there to listen.  Have a wonderful day.  I live in Kansas, which is the center of the US.

jmlmomma
by Momma's new BFF on Feb. 1, 2013 at 2:35 PM

WELCOME TO THE GROUP.....

Under stand the teen thing.... Hang in there, they do grow up... 

dana63
by Momma of 40ish on Feb. 1, 2013 at 2:40 PM

Welcome!! I think you found a great bunch of girls to lean you support and have fun with!! :)

Lovemyshadows
by Bronze sister on Feb. 1, 2013 at 5:14 PM

I promise someday they will grow up to be fine people.  The teen years are very trying.  Mine are all grown and I'm so proud of the adults they have become.  

maryg38
by Sweet Mary <3 on Feb. 1, 2013 at 5:21 PM

Welcome to the Group!!!!!!

redlady125
by Silver sister on Feb. 1, 2013 at 6:30 PM
Welcome to the group
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)