Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Pissed to the highest level of pisstivity *edit*

Posted by on Feb. 1, 2013 at 4:14 PM
  • 39 Replies
  • 579 Total Views

I am generally a laid back person.  I don't argue or participate in feuds but I am at my wits end.  I have talked to my nieghbors about their dog and his pooping in my yard.  I have a one year old who likes to play outside and I don't want him playing in poo.  I even talked to my HOA representative and they sent out a letter.  Also they leave their dog out unsupervised, the dog is a big 100 lbs dog that likes to jump on people.  He came after my 20 lbs baby and my son screamed, he doesn't understand big puppy wants to play.  My son loves outside but if he hears barking he runs into my arms crying.  My supervisor came over to set up my new computer for work and he called me from his cell and said the dog wont let him out.  Ok I am done venting cause as I am typing I am getting livid. 

So my hubby went over to talk to him and he claimed he was going to keep a better eye on them

So as you can tell he didn't.  Well the same day as I took this pic his dogs were picked up by animal control.  Hmm I wonder who called? :0

by on Feb. 1, 2013 at 4:14 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
lizzyluvsmoe
by on Feb. 1, 2013 at 4:16 PM
5 moms liked this

haven't read your post yet, couldn't get past the "pisstivity" in the title.....I WILL BE USING THAT, I WILL BE USING THAT.....LOL

lizzyluvsmoe
by on Feb. 1, 2013 at 4:17 PM

Call the proper authorities. Not fair to your son.

dana63
by Momma of 40ish on Feb. 1, 2013 at 4:22 PM
1 mom liked this

This is not fair to you or your son. If you have gotten a hold of you HOA and they sent a letter and yet this action keep happening I would call them and let them know you will call the other authorities to assist in this matter as they have failed at helping you.

kim8934
by Sister on Feb. 1, 2013 at 4:24 PM
1 mom liked this

same thought here, my new word  

Quoting lizzyluvsmoe:

haven't read your post yet, couldn't get past the "pisstivity" in the title.....I WILL BE USING THAT, I WILL BE USING THAT.....LOL

daisybelle1960
by on Feb. 1, 2013 at 4:25 PM

Sounds like they are breaking all the rules of your neighborhood. I don't blame you for being angry.

*I also like the pisstivity word, LOL*

lovegrandbaby
by Bronze sister on Feb. 1, 2013 at 4:35 PM

I understand - people just are ignorant.  But I bet if it was you, they would be having a stroke over it.  Pretty sad when u can let ur child play outside or have anyone come to your house.  I would be pissed off too.

KW1280
by Silver sister on Feb. 1, 2013 at 4:42 PM
My daughter has a big dog phobia, she got bit by adoberman, and this dog wouldnt let her off the bus. The bus driver drove her to her friends house. My husband picked her up on the way home. BTW my dd call and asked. My hubby will go over when he gets home.

Quoting lovegrandbaby:

I understand - people just are ignorant.  But I bet if it was you, they would be having a stroke over it.  Pretty sad when u can let ur child play outside or have anyone come to your house.  I would be pissed off too.

Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
lovegrandbaby
by Bronze sister on Feb. 1, 2013 at 4:46 PM

How sad that your dd can't even get off at your house because of the stupid dog.  Does the dog bite?  If not, I would go let it loose and hopefully it would get lost, or u could call the dog warden and tell him the dog is loose.  Maybe if they had to pay a fine a few times, they would learn.  and why is it that people that own animals and don't take care of them properly have them and/or get away with this kind of behavior?

Quoting KW1280:

My daughter has a big dog phobia, she got bit by adoberman, and this dog wouldnt let her off the bus. The bus driver drove her to her friends house. My husband picked her up on the way home. BTW my dd call and asked. My hubby will go over when he gets home.

Quoting lovegrandbaby:

marshsmom
by New sister on Feb. 1, 2013 at 4:48 PM
3 moms liked this

The next time the dog is out simply call animal control and let your neighbor and HOA know that you intend to do so.  In many places when the owner goes to the shelter to retrieve the dog they will have to pay fees and show proof of vaccines.  If they can't show proof the fees are higher and they are required to get the vaccines.  In some places they will also not release the dog unless the owner agrees to spay or neuter (unless they are already) and some shelters will require a spay/nueter before release.  In other words, it can become a costly and inconvieneint affair to get the dog from the shelter.  You can also purchase devices that are supposed to keep dogs away.  Not sure how well they work, but there are several on the market.  I am a dog lover, but irresponsible pet owners (ie; your neighbor) piss me off because they are the very people that contribute to the problems that I work so hard to fix (volunteering at the shelter and fostering and helping homeless dogs find homes, etc...).  If your feeling really brave, scoop the poop and place it on his door with a note that it was a gift from me! lol

marshsmom
by New sister on Feb. 1, 2013 at 4:49 PM
1 mom liked this

I forgot to mention that in the meantime you can at least begin keeping a journal and document the times the dog is loose.  Pictures are also very good to have.  Good luck!  Sorry your baby has to deal with such irresponsible people so early in life :(

Quoting marshsmom:

The next time the dog is out simply call animal control and let your neighbor and HOA know that you intend to do so.  In many places when the owner goes to the shelter to retrieve the dog they will have to pay fees and show proof of vaccines.  If they can't show proof the fees are higher and they are required to get the vaccines.  In some places they will also not release the dog unless the owner agrees to spay or neuter (unless they are already) and some shelters will require a spay/nueter before release.  In other words, it can become a costly and inconvieneint affair to get the dog from the shelter.  You can also purchase devices that are supposed to keep dogs away.  Not sure how well they work, but there are several on the market.  I am a dog lover, but irresponsible pet owners (ie; your neighbor) piss me off because they are the very people that contribute to the problems that I work so hard to fix (volunteering at the shelter and fostering and helping homeless dogs find homes, etc...).  If your feeling really brave, scoop the poop and place it on his door with a note that it was a gift from me! lol

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)