Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Pissed to the highest level of pisstivity *edit*

Posted by   + Show Post

I am generally a laid back person.  I don't argue or participate in feuds but I am at my wits end.  I have talked to my nieghbors about their dog and his pooping in my yard.  I have a one year old who likes to play outside and I don't want him playing in poo.  I even talked to my HOA representative and they sent out a letter.  Also they leave their dog out unsupervised, the dog is a big 100 lbs dog that likes to jump on people.  He came after my 20 lbs baby and my son screamed, he doesn't understand big puppy wants to play.  My son loves outside but if he hears barking he runs into my arms crying.  My supervisor came over to set up my new computer for work and he called me from his cell and said the dog wont let him out.  Ok I am done venting cause as I am typing I am getting livid. 

So my hubby went over to talk to him and he claimed he was going to keep a better eye on them

So as you can tell he didn't.  Well the same day as I took this pic his dogs were picked up by animal control.  Hmm I wonder who called? :0

by on Feb. 1, 2013 at 4:14 PM
Replies (31-39):
KW1280
by Silver sister on Feb. 3, 2013 at 4:23 PM

I went to talk to her and she brushed me off, later her husband came by and apologized.  He said that they will make a better effort to control their dog then he went into a litany of excuses

Quoting Summersnowflake:

You're very caring and considerate for saying this, that you don't want anything to happen to the dog.  It's not the dog's fault, it's the people who own  him and have not properly trained him. It really bothers me when people don't take responsibility of their pets.  I hope you get everything worked out and if the Humane Society takes him then maybe he can find a better home.  Good luck! 

Quoting KW1280:

I dont want anything to happen to the dog but he almost got hit by UPS man once

Quoting witch_e_woman:

Call the Humane Society, they'll take care of it for you. Good Luck.

Ashgreymane
by Sister on Feb. 3, 2013 at 4:54 PM

Pisstivity...awesome. Inoffensive, yet sublimely evocative. This is not okay; but you already know this. My Mother is a walker; she walks every day for a couple of miles, and has for YEARS invariably had trouble with peoples' uncontrolled dogs. The only way to solve it is to get down and dirty and call the local authorities. It's interfering with your life functions! They won't like it, and hopefully it won't start world war III with the neighbors; however, they are absolutely in the wrong for not controlling the animal. Aside from this, I hope you will carry a can of mace when you have to go outside. The dog sounds like he is getting more aggressive.

KW1280
by Silver sister on Feb. 3, 2013 at 5:07 PM

I didnt want to cause issues but I had to wait 2 days before my supervisor could set up my new work computer at my home because of those dogs.

Quoting Ashgreymane:

Pisstivity...awesome. Inoffensive, yet sublimely evocative. This is not okay; but you already know this. My Mother is a walker; she walks every day for a couple of miles, and has for YEARS invariably had trouble with peoples' uncontrolled dogs. The only way to solve it is to get down and dirty and call the local authorities. It's interfering with your life functions! They won't like it, and hopefully it won't start world war III with the neighbors; however, they are absolutely in the wrong for not controlling the animal. Aside from this, I hope you will carry a can of mace when you have to go outside. The dog sounds like he is getting more aggressive.

Bax
by Sister on Feb. 3, 2013 at 6:07 PM
1 mom liked this

I am sorry I have no words of comfort about the dog... I just have to say...

Pisstivity is now my new word. 

25beengoodtome
by Crazy LiL' Sister on Feb. 3, 2013 at 7:26 PM

I once saw the funniest[-imy opinion] warning/ yard ornament; it looked like a plastic headstone, the "carving" said.........

"Here he lay all cold and hard,

The last damned dog that pooped in my yard."

~ AT 40-ISH & BEYOND #7446

hau_siyoka
(¯`v.´¸.´¸. (¯`v* ¸.´Ƹ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒ.´¸.*¨) ¸.´¸.*¨) (¯`v(¸.´ Come join 40ish and beyond's ,)v´¯) (¸.Ƹ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒ.•´Siggy Emporium•´ Ƹ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒ.• (¯`v(* http://www.cafemom.com/group/120085 *) v´¯) (¯`v ♥¸.Ƹ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒ.•♥ *¨)
Yesterday at 2:23 PM
by Doll Baby on Feb. 3, 2013 at 7:46 PM

If talking won't bring peace then give animal control a call and pray they listen...Your child could get hurt and all dogs are suppose to be under control while outside.

Ashgreymane
by Sister on Feb. 11, 2013 at 4:11 PM

That is absolutely unacceptable!! Honey, I had dogs for most of my adult life. They are aggravating when they don't mind. Dog people really, really don't understand why anyone would be afraid of their precious little 80 pound fanged baby, though. I would wait for that damn dog and spray the MF with some mace. Yell while you do it, too. If you have to, bait him/her with some treats. Put the treats in your path or where you walk. Then spray that SOB. Dogs are territorial & they will yield to the greater force. If you can't get rid of the dog, change the dog's behavior. Your neighbor will keep the dog in when he or she realizes you are not going to pull punches. They don't care about you; but they do care about the dog; and they won't expose him to mace, LOL.

firelites
by Anne on Feb. 11, 2013 at 4:19 PM

if the dog is running loose call the pound and hace it picked up, when the neighbor has to pay a fine or two they will learn to keep the dog in the yard

pamelax3
by Bronze sister on Feb. 11, 2013 at 4:26 PM

I would call animal control and then send a certified letter to my HOA that the HOA is in violation of it policies and that legal action will be taken

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)