Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

40ish and beyond... 40ish and beyond...

Exercise Routine?

Posted by on Feb. 2, 2013 at 9:33 AM
  • 14 Replies
  • 171 Total Views

Do you exercise daily or have an exercise routine.Now that my kids are older I really have no excuses and need a good exercise routine.

treadmill

by on Feb. 2, 2013 at 9:33 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
dana63
by Momma of 40ish on Feb. 2, 2013 at 9:47 AM

I walk 3 miles a day because I walk my child to school/home (she only walks 1.5 both ways). Its great exercise for us both and we have many great talks..

frankie1971
by Sister on Feb. 2, 2013 at 10:28 AM

I don't have a routine. I usually just walk my dogs around the neighborhood and ride my bike whenever it's nice out.

ashleighmama
by Ash on Feb. 2, 2013 at 11:53 AM
Im ashamed to admit it, but I dont exercise, although I know I really need to for a variety of reasons, not just to lose weight. I know there are tons of benefits to exercise, but, ummm, I dont have an excuse, just lazy :-(
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
JennaBea
by Silver sister on Feb. 2, 2013 at 11:54 AM

I don't have a routine yet, trying to get and stay inspired.  Zumba has caught my eye.  Think that I'm going to give it a try.  I can watch free videos on youtube :)

starlight1968
by 40ish hang out queen on Feb. 2, 2013 at 11:56 AM

I'm in the same boat as you...I try tho lol

mumsy2three
by Shauna on Feb. 2, 2013 at 12:15 PM

I slack off big time through the school year. I work and really have a difficult time making the time to exercise. During the summer when I am off I work out 3 times/week. I like to do the C25K program, walk, yoga, etc. I try to mix it up.

Lmswebnet
by New sister on Feb. 2, 2013 at 12:17 PM

I've been working out on and off since I turned 30. I'm 47 now and my fitness level has waxed and waned over the years, but Im in pretty good shape now. Walking is a great way to start if you're just getting into it because it's simple and it helps you commit to a regular practice of doing something. These days I've been taking advantage of online videos to increase my workout. There's a lot of good ones at www.sparkpeople.com. They have a January Jumpstart challenge that you can still join and they'll give you a four week schedule. I also like www.blogilates.com because she's kind of fun and she provides a calendar each month to help keep you on track. Joining a gym could be helpful if you get inspired by the social aspect. A few years ago I signed up for a triathlon with a couple of my sisters and we did it for five years. That really forced me to stay on track with working out.

I wish you well with this! 

sahlady
by It's a jen.thing :) on Feb. 2, 2013 at 12:52 PM

run mon, tue, wed, and a long run on fri.... weekends if I have time

yoga on tue

valleymomma1
by Bronze sister on Feb. 2, 2013 at 1:43 PM

I power walk a bit, I really do alot of activity with my youngest yoga, jumping on tramp, I actually have lost 10 pounds over the winter without really even trying just by doing more.   I love biking to in the spring & summer.  I have a gym membership but have not been using it.

pasteeater
by on Feb. 2, 2013 at 1:50 PM
I walk every day for at least an hour. I've lost 28 pounds in about two months so it must work. But I also watch what I eat too. It's a habit now. If I don't walk I go stir crazy.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)