Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

40ish and beyond... 40ish and beyond...

Anonymous posts?

Posted by on Feb. 2, 2013 at 9:53 AM
  • 15 Replies
  • 246 Total Views

I am mostly just lurker on  cafemom.  I love to read posts...but between my job, my three kids (ages 4, 8 and 9) , my hubby, my house, my natural health studies, and an occasional glass of wine...I have no time to post much..lol  Im just wondering...has cafemom always allowed anonymous posts?  Or is this a new thing?  I guess I dont get it...it just allows things to be inflamed IMO.  If you cant say it under your screenname..should you say it at all?  I just read a dumb post by some girl saying fat people shouldnt be allowed to buy junk food....dumb post....waste of my precious time....but I just noticed recently that the flaming posts are mostly done anonymously.  Just wondered if this is a new phenomena (wow, havent used THAT word in forever..lol)  or if anon posts have been going a long time?  Happy Saturday 40ish Sisters :)

Kirsten (I dont post much, so I need to check my signature..for all I know it says I have a 2 year old its been so long..lol)

by on Feb. 2, 2013 at 9:53 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
gonecrazi
by Lucky :) on Feb. 2, 2013 at 9:55 AM
1 mom liked this

Hello and welcome...

crazymom729
by Cajun Witch (dealer) on Feb. 2, 2013 at 9:56 AM
1 mom liked this

I don't know how long they have had the anon post but that's all it's used for, for people to start drama and crap.  To be able to say stuff about people and hide behind a button...real brave huh? 

I agree it's crazy.

KirstieRenee
by Sister on Feb. 2, 2013 at 9:59 AM

I cant even remember how to check my signature???  Im such a doofus...anyone able to tell me?

dana63
by Momma of 40ish on Feb. 2, 2013 at 10:02 AM
2 moms liked this

The anonymous posting and replies are mainly in a few groups that CM owns. Dont wory we will never use it (even if we do get the feature) in 40ish because we are sisters and we should be able to say whatever we need to without hurt feelings.

I have a degree in Natural health as well!! :)

atlmom2
by Susie on Feb. 2, 2013 at 10:03 AM
1 mom liked this
Anon is not allowed in here. It ruins groups it is in.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Dora-rulz
by Sister on Feb. 2, 2013 at 10:05 AM
1 mom liked this
I just go to "my stuff" then "my profile".

Have only been here a couple months but have noticed the same thing about anon posts

Quoting KirstieRenee:

I cant even remember how to check my signature???  Im such a doofus...anyone able to tell me?

Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
KirstieRenee
by Sister on Feb. 2, 2013 at 10:07 AM

Quoting dana63:

The anonymous posting and replies are mainly in a few groups that CM owns. Dont wory we will never use it (even if we do get the feature) in 40ish because we are sisters and we should be able to say whatever we need to without hurt feelings.

I have a degree in Natural health as well!! :)

Cool :)  Im studying through Vintage Remedies....I love it. :)  If this worked, I successfully quoted someone....a new skill...lol  But my signature is ALL wrong..and I dont have my hubby on there at all...I must have been pissed at him when I made it...lol

Kirstie

Mom to Megan 8, Abby 6 and Tyler 3 :)

family in the van

ashleighmama
by Ash on Feb. 2, 2013 at 11:44 AM
1 mom liked this
I hate the option of posting anon, it just lets people HUGE b*tches to each other and create gobs of drama, although I do admit *hanging my head in shame* I used it late last night in that HUGE group when the OP was asking if she was a bad mom for allowing relatives to live with them when they treated her badly. One anon reply was spewing at the mouth calling the OP trailer trash and a loser, she pissed me off and in the OPs defense I called this anon a bitch, I did it under anon. I dont usually get involved in that drama, but she really pissed me off, I couldnt bite my tongue.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
arthistmom
by on Feb. 2, 2013 at 11:54 AM
1 mom liked this

I like the "no anonymous post" policy in the groups I belong to. Though I can see the need for an anonymous post if someone is talking about a serious and sensitive issue and needs advice or a sounding board. Unfortunately, that is the rare case; more common is the idiotic, inflammatory post, which is, frankly, juvenile. What's even worse is that the group admins do nothing and even encourage the activity by their non-action.

starlight1968
by 40ish hang out queen on Feb. 2, 2013 at 11:58 AM
1 mom liked this

oh lol it's ok... I think I did that once/twice before I decided to just stay away from them...eek

Quoting ashleighmama:

I hate the option of posting anon, it just lets people HUGE b*tches to each other and create gobs of drama, although I do admit *hanging my head in shame* I used it late last night in that HUGE group when the OP was asking if she was a bad mom for allowing relatives to live with them when they treated her badly. One anon reply was spewing at the mouth calling the OP trailer trash and a loser, she pissed me off and in the OPs defense I called this anon a bitch, I did it under anon. I dont usually get involved in that drama, but she really pissed me off, I couldnt bite my tongue.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)