Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

40ish and beyond... 40ish and beyond...

I am mostly just lurker on  cafemom.  I love to read posts...but between my job, my three kids (ages 4, 8 and 9) , my hubby, my house, my natural health studies, and an occasional glass of wine...I have no time to post much..lol  Im just wondering...has cafemom always allowed anonymous posts?  Or is this a new thing?  I guess I dont get it...it just allows things to be inflamed IMO.  If you cant say it under your screenname..should you say it at all?  I just read a dumb post by some girl saying fat people shouldnt be allowed to buy junk food....dumb post....waste of my precious time....but I just noticed recently that the flaming posts are mostly done anonymously.  Just wondered if this is a new phenomena (wow, havent used THAT word in forever..lol)  or if anon posts have been going a long time?  Happy Saturday 40ish Sisters :)

Kirsten (I dont post much, so I need to check my signature..for all I know it says I have a 2 year old its been so long..lol)

by on Feb. 2, 2013 at 9:53 AM
Replies (11-15):
rojastarr
by Fang Slayer on Feb. 2, 2013 at 11:58 AM
1 mom liked this

I agree that the anonymous feature is an excuse for bad behavior...it may be helpful, like a previous poster stated, in standing up for a bashed fellow poster without being beat up yourself. However, very few people use it for that purpose. I am glad that it is not used here because it certainy cuts down on the drama.

mumsy2three
by Shauna on Feb. 2, 2013 at 12:20 PM
1 mom liked this

I don't know much about anon posts. I don't belong to/visit any groups that use them.

1squishysmom
by Silver sister on Feb. 2, 2013 at 12:30 PM
1 mom liked this

I usually avoid the groups that have that option. One of my groups does allow it, but most moms behave themselves. I found that in that group, it's used mostly to avoid embarrassment, not to be mean. For instance, if someone asks for an honest opinion about sex, and someone wants to share their experience, but are a little shy about what they do, they use it. Not that they talk about sex all the time, just an example.

GoddessJohnnie
by Goddess Johnnie on Feb. 2, 2013 at 1:31 PM
1 mom liked this

Anony posts?  You're telling me I can go and start a fire and watch the house burn down and not get in trouble??

I'll be back......

haha  kidding!

valleymomma1
by Bronze sister on Feb. 2, 2013 at 1:46 PM
1 mom liked this

It's definitely an odd feature & creates silly posts.   Glad it's not used here.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)