Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

40ish and beyond... 40ish and beyond...

sleep advice needed,please

Posted by on Feb. 2, 2013 at 10:51 AM
  • 6 Replies
  • 158 Total Views
1 mom liked this
I m going on 2 and a half weeks of dhs hive hell at night he gets up ( because he is so uncomfortable with them ( itchy,burning up or at times has the chills) he is on meds that are supposed to help him sleep, but they havent done that ( the derm doc wants to wait to see him until both biopsies they did on wednesday come back ). Even when he is asleep he is wiggling around itching something so much so even if i was asleep it would wake me ( i had him take a oatmeal bath before bed last night, which helped a little bit) but i a get up feeling like i havent slept at all ( last night i fell asleep before 6:23 pm which isnt me!) Here is my ? can i sleep on the couch in a way that wont make dh feel bad ( the hives are still all over and come and show up some where else, his arm is so blistered up with them it hurts to look at) or do i put up with it and say nothing ( i did promise better or worse almost 18 yrs ago) i m just un believable tired! Yep i know he has the hard part dealing with this and i m just support through this and i m trying my best but to be falling asleep while waiting for my ds after school isnt the kinda mom i thought id be ( i m thankful i had my doors unlocked and woke up as my ds opened the door lol) thank you all for listening and for any help you in your caring hearts can give me on this! Hugs cm moms! Have a good weekend :)
by on Feb. 2, 2013 at 10:51 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-6):
coolmommy2x
by Silver sister on Feb. 2, 2013 at 10:54 AM
Of course you can sleep on the couch! You need your sleep. Why would DH feel bad? I can't imagine he'd want you to suffer too.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
ashleighmama
by Ash on Feb. 2, 2013 at 11:31 AM
Yes, yes, yes, I completely agree with this. You have absolutely NO reason to feel even the slightest bit guilty for sleeping seperately while this is going on, youre not abandoning him or anything, you just your sleep. For better or for worse doesnt mean you should suffer needlessly. Go get some sleep sweetie, hugs!

Quoting coolmommy2x:

Of course you can sleep on the couch! You need your sleep. Why would DH feel bad? I can't imagine he'd want you to suffer too.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Lovemyshadows
by Bronze sister on Feb. 3, 2013 at 5:05 PM

He's not sleeping well, I'm sure he wants you to be comfortable.  Tell him you love him, give him a kiss and tell him to call you if he needs you

Ashgreymane
by Sister on Feb. 3, 2013 at 5:47 PM

You know, HE might sleep a bit better, too, if you were on the couch; he wouldn't have to add to his misery by trying to be considerate, lol. I often wake early, or have insomnia. It's pure-D misery trying to lie there, still, not disturbing your spouse. Especially when if I get the wiggles out of my system occasionally I can nod off. Which I can't do if I'm trying not to wake him up by not wiggling around. I had horrendous allergies as a child, and itched with my menstrual cycles as an adult (? I don't know): it's maddening. Very cool temperatures, and very old, soft cotton was the only thing that helped even remotely. I would like to point out that "for better or worse" applies to him, too, lol. You are less effective as a partner when you are exhausted and cranky. Also, I hope you'll consider getting his iodine levels tested.

25beengoodtome
by Crazy LiL' Sister on Feb. 3, 2013 at 7:37 PM

Sure, sleep on the couch or even in the guest room. My ex and I found we both enjoyed separate rooms and felt  sexier.

MentorMom1
by Gold sister on Feb. 3, 2013 at 8:22 PM

OMG!!  My DD, age 25, has a horrible case of hives at present. She called me at midnight in tears. It was 1:00 a.m. her time. She's on meds - steroids - for the hives and they are not helping very much. At least they haven't yet.

She called the next day and told me she had gotten only two hours of sleep. The oatmeal bath made it worse. And she couldn't use any covers and couldn't get comfortable, she itched so bad. So at midnight I was on the phone with her, looking online for natural remedies, things that might help.

We found a bunch, actually, and yesterday she called from a health food co-op in Brooklyn, going over the things she was going to try.

Has you DH been sick with a virus lately? Been under a lot of stress? The other day DD went to the doc for hives and for an ear infection, as well, which the doctor said was really ugly. Only two weeks earlier she had bronchitis and was put on antibiotics for that. So this is round two. She doesn't know what is causeing the hives - going on day four or five now. They just keep popping up and going away, popping up and going away. She has a roommate, a girlfriend from college. But she's basically battling the hives all alone, while going to work everyday  so she doesn't lose any pay, in spite of getting no sleep :( 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)