Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

40ish and beyond... 40ish and beyond...

Preplan your dinners for the week ?

We don't .

by on Feb. 2, 2013 at 4:55 PM
Replies (11-20):
looneymom424
by on Feb. 2, 2013 at 7:00 PM

Yes I dont plan what we are having day to day but I get meals for the week...we have food on hand to pick that meal for the day

Marimaru
by on Feb. 2, 2013 at 7:02 PM

We were, for a while, but then it kind of dropped off and we haven't picked it up again.  It's nice to have the "what's for dinner" question answered, but we're horrible procrastinators, and this kind of thing suffers from that, lol.

Refurbished
by Sister on Feb. 2, 2013 at 7:57 PM

I spend a lot less when I do, but I often don't. 

lovegrandbaby
by Bronze sister on Feb. 2, 2013 at 8:00 PM

No - whatever strikes my fancy for the day is what I make. 

rojastarr
by Fang Slayer on Feb. 2, 2013 at 8:12 PM

I cannot be that organized....lol I am lucky if I know what I am going to make one hour before I do so

jazzgirl205
by Sister on Feb. 2, 2013 at 8:15 PM

I don't have specific nights- you know, Mon. meatloaf, tues. chicken etc...  I think that's boring.  I see what meat is on sale and plan around that.  If I buy a whole chicken, I know that it will take care of 3 nights worth of meals.  I then buy rice and bell peppers for the first night I roast it.  Maybe the fixings for chicken pot pie for the second night and lemon, cilantro and veggies for chicken soup the last night.  I buy a different meat for the other 4 nights and plan for 4 diff. menus.

poemcollector
by Bronze sister on Feb. 2, 2013 at 9:28 PM

Yes

sahlady
by It's a jen.thing :) on Feb. 2, 2013 at 9:37 PM

btw... love the new make up

campingmomof4
by on Feb. 2, 2013 at 10:12 PM
I do meal planning and love it.

"Winter is the time for comfort, for good food and warmth, for the touch of a friendly hand and for a talk beside the fire: it is the time for home."
- Edith Sitwell

tammeee3
by Sister on Feb. 2, 2013 at 11:45 PM
not really.i usually have a general idea each week,alot of times based on what is on sale, but there are so many activities during the week, that it mostly friends on who is home
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN