Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

40ish and beyond... 40ish and beyond...

I'm so mad!!!!

Posted by on Feb. 3, 2013 at 2:37 PM
  • 9 Replies
  • 198 Total Views
I try very hard very very hard to watch what I put in my body. I just had what I thought was a bean and cheese burrito. It was beef!!!! I have not had beef since march 23rd of last year. I blew it now. I'm so upset.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Feb. 3, 2013 at 2:37 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-9):
sahlady
by It's a jen.thing :) on Feb. 3, 2013 at 2:48 PM

where did you get it?  did they give you the wrong food?

btw... I found your first sentence very amusing given your chat name.

pasteeater
by on Feb. 3, 2013 at 2:58 PM
It was in my freezer. But I just saw the bean part. I had sour cream, which I usually don't have. So I am not used to the taste. I just thought it was that. I was stupid. Oh well.

Yeah that first line was funny looking back.

Quoting sahlady:

where did you get it?  did they give you the wrong food?

btw... I found your first sentence very amusing given your chat name.

GoddessJohnnie
by Goddess Johnnie on Feb. 3, 2013 at 3:16 PM

Ah, don't kick yourself too hard.  We all make mistakes.  Just shrug it off and move forward.

But your 'accident' reminds me of my daughter.  She is a vegetarian (3 years now) and we recently had pizza while on vacation.  We ordered her a veggie pizza and when she took a big bite and started to chew, she opened her mouth and let the chewed up food fall right out of her mouth and on to her plate saying "Bleeeh!"  Kinda like a 2 year old might do if they didn't like what they were eating.  We all started cracking up!

When I asked her what was wrong, she stopped wiping her tongue long enough to say "There's meat in there!"  I took a bite and discovered they had accidentally added bacon.   LOL  

pasteeater
by on Feb. 3, 2013 at 3:57 PM
Even when I did eat meat I never liked bacon I've only been clear of chicken for about six weeks longer for pork.

It's not easy for me to give up beef. I've worked very hard at it. When I see steaks or burgers my mouth literally waters. Even after all this time. It's been real hard. It took all my willpower to give it up.

Quoting GoddessJohnnie:

Ah, don't kick yourself too hard.  We all make mistakes.  Just shrug it off and move forward.

But your 'accident' reminds me of my daughter.  She is a vegetarian (3 years now) and we recently had pizza while on vacation.  We ordered her a veggie pizza and when she took a big bite and started to chew, she opened her mouth and let the chewed up food fall right out of her mouth and on to her plate saying "Bleeeh!"  Kinda like a 2 year old might do if they didn't like what they were eating.  We all started cracking up!

When I asked her what was wrong, she stopped wiping her tongue long enough to say "There's meat in there!"  I took a bite and discovered they had accidentally added bacon.   LOL  

dana63
by Momma of 40ish on Feb. 3, 2013 at 5:39 PM
Don't beat yourself up I don't drink caffeine and hub accidentally got me a coffee a couple of time that wasn't decaf and boy was I bouncing. Lol
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
25beengoodtome
by Crazy LiL' Sister on Feb. 3, 2013 at 7:58 PM

Relax, I admire all your attempts to keep your body clean. Where did you buy that incorrectly prepared burrito? You might need to bring the problem to management attention.

~ AT 40-ISH & BEYOND #7446

pasteeater
by on Feb. 3, 2013 at 9:28 PM
Lol I cooked it myself. I don't eat beef but my husband and son do. We have frozen bean and cheese and frozen beef and bean burritos. I saw the bean part on the package so I made that. I was so upset I cried. I'm ok now. But giving up beef has been one of the hardest things I've done. Even after all this time (until today) I have craved it every single day. I think this will change that. Giving up pork, chicken and fish was easy. Beef was hard. It's in everything!! Oh and no turkey either.

Quoting 25beengoodtome:

Relax, I admire all your attempts to keep your body clean. Where did you buy that incorrectly prepared burrito? You might need to bring the problem to management attention.

sunflowers12
by Silver sister on Feb. 4, 2013 at 12:30 PM
1 mom liked this
Well, try not to be so hard on your self protein is what helps rebuild muscle and tends to get a bad rap a lot!!! a little bit is not going to hurt you!! Just make your own food that way your sure not to get something you don't want😉
disnchntdwife
by Bronze sister on Feb. 4, 2013 at 1:11 PM
1 mom liked this
Eating paste can cause episodes of euphoria followed by bouts of anger/ depression! Not sure about the beef! LOL
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)