Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

40ish and beyond... 40ish and beyond...

Unbelieveble!

Posted by on Feb. 3, 2013 at 6:02 PM
  • 10 Replies
  • 202 Total Views
1 mom liked this

I'll be honest, I am the person shopping on Christmas Eve, the person buying a present on the way to the b-day party and wrapping it in the car, you get the idea.  Every April 14th for as long as I can remember has been spent with me in panic mode trying to find the paperwork to file my taxes. 

So what the heck happen to me?  I filed my federal, state, and local taxes...today...Feb 2, 2013.  2 Months early. This is insane, what the heck am I going to do on April 14th? HAHAHA.   

by on Feb. 3, 2013 at 6:02 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
CharlotteRose
by Bronze sister on Feb. 3, 2013 at 6:06 PM

clappingYOU GO GIRL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

jmlmomma
by Momma's new BFF on Feb. 3, 2013 at 6:10 PM

funny! You sould like my sister! haha 

Bax
by Sister on Feb. 3, 2013 at 6:17 PM

The funniest thing is.... that my husband wanted to watch the game and asked if I would make dinner (Sunday is usually his day). I said "I can't, I am filing the taxes."  And he says all pissy.. "FINE- I'll cook.  The least you could do is come up with a believeable excuse."  I had to show him the email you get "taxes have been sent to the IRS"...he would not believe me! Can you tell we've been married 26 yrs.

25beengoodtome
by Crazy LiL' Sister on Feb. 3, 2013 at 7:33 PM

On April 14, I expect you will be lying back, watching the tube, and laughing at the poor schmucks rushing the post office parking lot, trying to get their forms in & stamped before midnight. I used to be one of those schmucks!

~

ashleighmama
by Ash on Feb. 3, 2013 at 7:47 PM
Ha ha! Well if youre getting money back, then go shopping or go get your hair and/or nails done. Celebrate April 14th by spending some of that money! If you owe, then I dont know, stay in bed all day and just relax? We always get ours done ASAP because we always get a good sized refund. We are broke all year, so me and dh and our boys party like rock stars (not really, in reality we just get to splurge on some things, whether its necessities or fun stuff) and then its over. No, we dont spend it all right away, its just nice to go to walmart and not have to decide hmmm, am I gonna get laundry soap or say toilet paper this shopping trip. I get to put them both in the cart! Tell dh he SHOULD cook today since you got the taxes out of the way and avoided a big headache Apr 14.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Bax
by Sister on Feb. 3, 2013 at 8:58 PM

Yeah, unfortunately as the years go on the refunds go way down. Both kids are on their own, so "dependent" deductions and credits are gone. So, filing taxes now is just hoping we don't have to pay out anything (only owe $13 this year). So no shopping sphrees but spending April 14th in bed with a good book, now that sounds like a plan to me!

sunflowers12
by Silver sister on Feb. 4, 2013 at 12:34 PM
That's a good thing probably hoping to get some cash!!' We will not this year!!! Sad😢
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
sunflowers12
by Silver sister on Feb. 4, 2013 at 12:35 PM
That's a good thing probably hoping to get some cash!!' We will not this year!!! Sad😢
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Lovemyshadows
by Bronze sister on Feb. 4, 2013 at 12:54 PM

I just wonder how much we owe this year.

firelites
by Anne on Feb. 4, 2013 at 1:00 PM

good job! now you can watch all the people standing in line

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)