Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

40ish and beyond... 40ish and beyond...

Go Daddy commercial

Posted by on Feb. 4, 2013 at 6:25 AM
  • 21 Replies
  • 338 Total Views

I wasn't able to watch the Super Bowl ( I had class project and a team member missing) but saw one of the commercials that Go Daddy put out. It's the one with the supermodel who was kissing (if you want to call it that) the nerd. I am sorry but this commercial was just gross. No I was not put off by the nerd kissing a supermodel but the entire commercial was just a complete turn off.

Was it just me or was Go Daddy really scraping the barrel on this one???

The commercials are not like they use to be.. Whatever happen to the Bud Bowl? That was always funny!

by on Feb. 4, 2013 at 6:25 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
jdy9440
by on Feb. 4, 2013 at 6:28 AM
I missed it all, I was at work.
dana63
by Momma of 40ish on Feb. 4, 2013 at 6:35 AM
1 mom liked this

Quoting jdy9440:

I missed it all, I was at work.

Be lucky it was the only one I saw and had to go to class with that thought... LOL

TheMommyTaxi
by on Feb. 4, 2013 at 6:56 AM
2 moms liked this

Yeah, it was dumb.   Most of the go daddy ones are.  I wouldn't have a godaddy anything attached to my name or company just because of that stupid commercial.

Thelmama
by Sister on Feb. 4, 2013 at 7:00 AM
2 moms liked this

I think it was gross and in poor taste. To me it has nothing to do with who was kissing who but the fact I don't want to watch anyone kissing like that. I think anyone who does kiss like that and make that much disgusting noise, they do not know how to kiss.  I may not be worldly wise or what not, but I did date someone other than my dh. While he is my one and only as far as full intimacy is concerned I had kissed others before him. It never took that much noise or disgusting display for kissing to be effective and fun. It was gross and repulsive. But they always have gross commercials. 

However, I guess the commercial did the job. We all remember the commercial and it is being discussed.  I still would not use godaddy, commercial or not.

kam013
by Bronze sister on Feb. 4, 2013 at 7:03 AM
1 mom liked this
Yep, that commercial was uncomfortable to watch. All the slurpy noises were unnecessary and gross. Made me never want to use GoDaddy for anything.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
dana63
by Momma of 40ish on Feb. 4, 2013 at 7:25 AM

OH GOOD I wasn't the only one who heard the slurpy gross noises. I thought it was because we have surround sound and at that point wanted to toss it out..

Yes it was a commercial that we are talking about (in a negative way) and no I will not ever use Go Daddy because presentation is everything to me and just one commercial turned me off.

crazymom729
by Cajun Witch (dealer) on Feb. 4, 2013 at 7:28 AM
Go daddy always scrapes the bottom of the barrel for their commercials! It was disgusting!
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
cuteoverload
by on Feb. 4, 2013 at 7:33 AM

How disgusting. 

coolmommy2x
by Silver sister on Feb. 4, 2013 at 7:41 AM
Yeah I didn't like it either. The Tide commercial in the 2nd half was very good, very funny.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
atlmom2
by Susie on Feb. 4, 2013 at 8:26 AM
The pg one had deep tongue and was not shown. They blurred it out on the Today Show last week.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN