Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

If you could update your home, what would you choose? Carpeting? Hardwood? Laminate? Ceramic tile? Combination? I have a mixture - carpeting in the living room, hallway and my office; different carpeting on the stairs and in the upstairs bedroom; original hardwood (in badly need of refinishing) in my bedroom; and newer laminate in the dining room. In my experience, dogs + carpeting do not mix (and I'm not exactly in the financial position to make changes, but...) if you could design your perfect home, what would you put on your floors? I think I want hardwood or engineered hardwood on the main floor, and either the same or carpeting in the upstairs, though my Boston Terrier is fond of eating and digging up carpet (she DESTROYED the entrance between my daughter's room and the upstairs hallway plus a throw rug), and my oldest daughter's dog indiscriminately poops in the house, though her favorite places are underneath my daughter's desk and in my office behind the treadmill. I'm thinking uniform wood flooring? I have a heated floor in my main bathroom, which I love, and my kitchen has linoleum tiles, though they're in excellent condition. I think I'd leave those alone.

by on Feb. 4, 2013 at 5:11 PM
Replies (11-16):
looneymom424
by on Feb. 4, 2013 at 9:05 PM
1 mom liked this

I plan on updating my flooring I am going with laminate floor .  I got rid of my carpet went with linolium?  It sucks it tears up so bad...I have dogs also

cuteoverload
by on Feb. 4, 2013 at 9:12 PM

carpet and tile

valleymomma1
by Bronze sister on Feb. 5, 2013 at 12:24 AM

I would update with lush carpet & hardwood if I could my hardwood is a mess & carpet is old & ugly.

jett286
by BrewMisstress on Feb. 5, 2013 at 12:30 AM
1 mom liked this

I have hardwoods(in need of refinishing) that are in pretty good shape and I like them.  I have tile in my bathroom and LOVE it.  My kitchen needs redoing and would really like tile in there....But I am not making any changes until we can re-do the entire kitchen.  I've been waititng for 14 years....but lot's of stuff has come up ....where is my fairy godmother...???

wishbearmom
by Ruby sister on Feb. 5, 2013 at 5:40 AM

I know, right?

Quoting jett286:

I have hardwoods(in need of refinishing) that are in pretty good shape and I like them.  I have tile in my bathroom and LOVE it.  My kitchen needs redoing and would really like tile in there....But I am not making any changes until we can re-do the entire kitchen.  I've been waititng for 14 years....but lot's of stuff has come up ....where is my fairy godmother...???

Lovemyshadows
by Bronze sister on Feb. 5, 2013 at 6:40 PM
1 mom liked this

We have laminate in the kitchen, living room, hall and the grandkids bedroom, the other 3 bedrooms have carpet.  I like it the way it is now.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)