Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

that little boy 5 held hostage

Posted by on Feb. 4, 2013 at 10:15 PM
  • 9 Replies
  • 146 Total Views
1 mom liked this
Oh thank god that after being held underground with that blank here guy is out and safe, i think i read he was special needs kid ( which pulls at my heart as my ds is also) i cant imagine what his family went through during those 7 days, and the hero bus driver that gave of his life, i will hug my children a little closer tonight and try and count my blessings more! Blessings to you cm mommas hugs too
by on Feb. 4, 2013 at 10:15 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-9):
rojastarr
by Fang Slayer on Feb. 4, 2013 at 10:27 PM

I saw the story and am so glad that he is safe,

starlight1968
by 40ish hang out queen on Feb. 4, 2013 at 10:51 PM

I just read that he was free.. poor thing I hope he'll be ok.

valleymomma1
by Bronze sister on Feb. 5, 2013 at 12:19 AM

That is good news that poor child must of been so confused thank you for posting this.

edie951998
by New sister on Feb. 5, 2013 at 10:53 AM

well hello people are sick these days how could someone do this to a child or what happened in conneniticut its aweful, im glad my kids are grown but it scares me i have 7 grandkids and 1 great grandson this world is crazy. so tell me are ya looking for pen pal friends edie

lilfrank
by on Feb. 5, 2013 at 12:33 PM
I can SO relate, my son just turned 6 and has Aspergers ADHD. I feel for this mother. This man wasn't in his right mind, God knew this, that's why his life ended and the child was free. The bus driver gave his life for 2 children.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
annasmom1234
by on Feb. 5, 2013 at 12:36 PM

I live about 15 min. away from there.  I am SO glad it's over for Ethan's family, but Mr. Poland's family paid the ultimate price.  All the agents/officers involved were so professional, and did such an amazing job!

MNmomto2
by Gold sister on Feb. 6, 2013 at 8:52 AM
1 mom liked this

I'm so glad he's home safe. I read this today in the paper. A qoute from Aaron Poland the son of the bus driver brought me to tears.  Ethan made him feel like his dad final route was finished. 

"My dad's key job was to make sure that every child was delivered safely to their parents."

25beengoodtome
by Crazy LiL' Sister on Feb. 6, 2013 at 2:22 PM

I read that the guy keeping  the boy was considered a freak by his neighbors, shouting odd things, and search or patrolling his yard at strange hours of the night.

disnchntdwife
by Bronze sister on Feb. 6, 2013 at 3:03 PM
I just wish they could have piped in sleeping gas and gotten control over this mentally ill man so the boy wouldn't have had to witness the violence at the end. I hope he can recover and have a good life.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)