Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

40ish and beyond... 40ish and beyond...

back to work and so sad :/

Posted by on Feb. 5, 2013 at 7:40 AM
  • 6 Replies
  • 108 Total Views
Hi. I have a 14m old boy and 3yr old girl and I am so sad that my maternity leave is over. With one child I was ok but with two I am heartbroken every day.- and yes, I have to work...

Thanks for listening!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Feb. 5, 2013 at 7:40 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-6):
jmlmomma
by Momma's new BFF on Feb. 5, 2013 at 7:46 AM

First I want to say I'm sorry.. 

Then I'll add, Try to look at the positives.

1. You have a job to go to

2. You have a son that can help you out some

3. You children will be ok, it may even help them be more independent and strong.. (just reaching here)

4. a lot of us have to do it. So you have support here...

hugs.

starlight1968
by 40ish hang out queen on Feb. 5, 2013 at 9:29 AM

HUGS!! 

daisybelle1960
by on Feb. 5, 2013 at 10:02 AM

I'm so sorry. I think this is a harder thing for some mothers to deal with than others. I always wanted to be home for my kids too. Is there any way that you could get rid of some bills or something, so that you could stay home; like selling a car or cutting expenses somewhere?

michellejenner
by Bronze sister on Feb. 5, 2013 at 10:23 AM

I know how you feel. I worked overnights so I was home during the day for my son. Back in Dec, my boss fired me ( that's a whole other issue). So now I'm searching for a new job. I'm being realistic that I will have to work days and not be able to go to school events and such. It's just killing me a bit inside. My son is older but he's gotten used to me being home when he gets home and coming to school.  

dana63
by Momma of 40ish on Feb. 5, 2013 at 11:05 AM

I am sorry you have to go back to work.. I went back very early after I had my kids and trust me I cried the entire 1st day but I handled it well the days after... Hugs

cherylam
by Bronze sister on Feb. 5, 2013 at 11:33 AM

{{{HUGS}}}... it's hard I know, it was hard for me and they were 9 & 12 when I started working outside the home.  I always worked at home before.  Between running my day care & making things for craft shows I never actually held a regular job down until I was almost 30.  I made more than enough money to support us, but it was the health care expenses that made me get an actual job, my son had asthma.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)