Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

40ish and beyond... 40ish and beyond...

Upset and need to vent

Posted by on Feb. 5, 2013 at 8:24 AM
  • 11 Replies
  • 171 Total Views

This is totally crazy!!  About a week ago I saw my cousin, who lives in another state from me, post online that she and her husband were grieving the loss of their new baby.  She was overdue and I guess she lost the baby.  I felt so bad for her because she seemed so excited about it.  She even named it and all.  So I teased her about having it on my daughter's birthday so I would always remember it.  I wrote her a private message letting her know that I was here for her and I knew what she was going threw.  I lost a baby when I was 22 weeks pregnant.  It was the hardest thing EVER!!!!  I hadn't heard anything until last night when I logged onto my Facebook and saw that my other cousin (sister to the pregnant one) wrote that her sister had been lying to everyone, even her own family (I am assuming she was talking about her and my aunt and uncle).  That she was never pregnant and never lost the baby.  It was all a lie!!!  I am dumbfounded!!  I don't know what to do.  They said she and her husband need mental help.  I know that.  I have such mixed feelings right now.  I am so worried about them, because they really do need help and I am so P*ssed right now because I lost a baby and it is something that I deal with, but in the back of my head and heart.  I try not to think of what I have lost, but what I have gained in life.  I want to go up to them and just beat the ever living crap out of them.  How could anyone make up such a story, for 9 months!!!

So today I will try to understand why someone would do such a thing and try to accept that they have some really big issues, but I know it is going to be extremely hard for me to do.

Thank you guys for listening/reading.  I just had to get it off my chest.  I now have to explain to my girls that my cousin lied.  Guess it is a lesson we will all have to live with.

by on Feb. 5, 2013 at 8:24 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
BL2010
by BL on Feb. 5, 2013 at 8:34 AM

{{{{{HUGS}}}}} Why people do something like, I don't know. They just want the attention.

GOBryan
by Bronze sister on Feb. 5, 2013 at 9:22 AM

I say let it go. They are dealing with their own stuff (whatever that is) and it really was nothing personal against you. 

Too many people get upset over things they can't control and it's really foolish to do so. 

Sometimes, you just have to forget the nonsense other people say and do AND move on. 

starlight1968
by 40ish hang out queen on Feb. 5, 2013 at 9:27 AM

sounds like maybe they were feeling "excluded" in some way and needed that attention (still lunacy tho) or they both live a very odd/sad life...

HUGS

daisybelle1960
by on Feb. 5, 2013 at 9:59 AM

It really does sound like someone who is craving attention. I hope they can find some peace in their lives, and maybe get some counseling.

LeetjieJ
by Gold sister on Feb. 5, 2013 at 10:14 AM
Wow! That is quite something to pull on people - clearly there are deeper issues, but don't take them onto yourself ((hugs))
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
michellejenner
by Bronze sister on Feb. 5, 2013 at 10:18 AM

That's horrible. Sadly tho many people have mental issues. As others posted, it's not your problem. Hopefully they can get some help.

Michelle Jenner
Independent Avon Representative
www.youravon.com/michellejenner
Use code FIRSTREP10 for free shipping when you use the direct delivery option 

Start your own AVON business for $10

www.start.avon.com

Reference code michellejenner

dana63
by Momma of 40ish on Feb. 5, 2013 at 11:14 AM

I am so sorry! I lost a set of twins at birth and it does hurt. I am concern that she made this lie (along with her husband) for 9 months and yet no one knew about this that was close to her (parents, her sister his family). I hope they get help because it sounds like they both suffer from mental issues and they could be on the edge of a mental break down..

Hugs and keep us posted!!

cherylam
by Bronze sister on Feb. 5, 2013 at 11:30 AM

{{{{HUGS}}}}... they are attention hounds... I am so sorry for your loss...

finlyhappy65
by on Feb. 5, 2013 at 12:08 PM

I'm so sorry you are dealing with this and yes they need some professional help. 

witch_e_woman
by The Witch of 40ish on Feb. 5, 2013 at 4:43 PM

Sounds like she just wanted attention....

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)