Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

40ish and beyond... 40ish and beyond...

Wow! This new school makes me laugh!

Posted by on Feb. 5, 2013 at 2:07 PM
  • 11 Replies
  • 163 Total Views

My son is on a 2 day trip our capitol. Albany, NY! It is through a program called Upward Bound. Which is sponsored by all high schools. My son was 1 of 7 students chosen to go represent the program, and our area high school.

So, around 10 am this morning I recieved a phone call from the school. They were asking why my son was absent from school for a second day! I said, Neil is on the trip that you guys sent him on. She looked it up! Oh ya! I see that now!!!! Seriously, you send my son on a trip and you don't even know where he is? Now, if this was a large school I could understand. But, his junior class has 57 kids in it! He was 1 out 7 in NYS! You would think that would stand out a little!!!!!!!!

sidesplittinglaughter

by on Feb. 5, 2013 at 2:07 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
dana63
by Momma of 40ish on Feb. 5, 2013 at 2:11 PM

I know maybe I shouldn't be laughing but you are right that is laughable.. LOL

LeetjieJ
by Gold sister on Feb. 5, 2013 at 2:15 PM
1 mom liked this
Oh my word!
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
connietrrll
by Silver sister on Feb. 5, 2013 at 2:28 PM

I find it funny because I actually knew where he was. I would be irate if I didn't. But, to be in such a small class, and it is such a huge deal, and they paid for it, and they don't know where he is? What if I was one of those untrusting mom's? When we got the call, my husband and I started laughing. The sounded shocked when she realized her mistake.

Quoting dana63:

I know maybe I shouldn't be laughing but you are right that is laughable.. LOL

starlight1968
by 40ish hang out queen on Feb. 5, 2013 at 4:31 PM

lol how bizarre

witch_e_woman
by The Witch of 40ish on Feb. 5, 2013 at 4:37 PM
1 mom liked this

"DAMN"... LOL !!!

atlmom2
by Susie on Feb. 5, 2013 at 5:01 PM
1 mom liked this
One day I got a call asking why my dd was not at school. I said she was on a field trip. They knew something was wrong. My dd had years of perfect attendance. Found out my youngest got marked on the field trip instead.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
connietrrll
by Silver sister on Feb. 5, 2013 at 5:45 PM

He has only gone to one other school besides this one. We just switched him over at the beginning of the year. He hates it. This school seems so unorganized. I knew that switching him this late would be a problem but seriously never expected a ridiculous call like I got today.

I find many things they do so bizarre. They called him into the guidance office at the beginning of the year. He is my youngest. He is extremely intelligent. He started school at 4. Which means he will already graduate a year ahead of most kids. He will just turn 17 at the end November (next year). So, the guidance counselor told him he has enough credits he can graduate midyear! She never discussed this us. She proceeded to tell him how much easier it would be to get in to the school of his choice, if he went in January. He wants to go to Buffalo. That is almost 6 hours away from here. I do not think she should be advising a 16 year old to something like that. Oh and when he graduated he would have just turned 17 a week before. Then after she explained all that to him, and he came home and told us, maybe a week later, I received an email asking permission to discuss early graduation with him! This school is very bizarre!

Quoting starlight1968:

lol how bizarre

drfink
by Sister on Feb. 5, 2013 at 6:16 PM

yup stupid computers.My youngest two went on class trips to NYC for a week and I got called both times.Because of the new system I get calls on my house ,my cell ,husbands cell and a voice email for everything including general announcements like the next PTO meeting.Guess they are getting their moneys worth LOL

connietrrll
by Silver sister on Feb. 5, 2013 at 6:49 PM

Oh no! This was a person calling. I get the calls automatically for meetings and things also. But, this was an actual person. She just never checked her own records. The school he goes to is not large enough to have automatic calling for absences. I am not sure if that is what you meant.

Quoting drfink:

yup stupid computers.My youngest two went on class trips to NYC for a week and I got called both times.Because of the new system I get calls on my house ,my cell ,husbands cell and a voice email for everything including general announcements like the next PTO meeting.Guess they are getting their moneys worth LOL

Summersnowflake
by Sister on Feb. 5, 2013 at 7:38 PM
1 mom liked this

I think schools are not as organized as they used to be. LOL.  A lot of the times they check my sons absent when they are actually in school or check that they are there when they are actually absent from school.  This just happened today too.  My middle boy has been sick and for some reason, according to them, he was in some of this classes. LOL

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)