Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

40ish and beyond... 40ish and beyond...

They are doing a remake of two movies..............

Posted by on Feb. 6, 2013 at 9:37 AM
  • 21 Replies
  • 298 Total Views

I guess to bring these two movies to more of an up to date fantasy they recreated The Wizards of Oz and Jack and the Beanstalk.

Oz the Great and Powerful (2013) Poster

Jack the Giant Slayer (2013) Poster

Would you go and watch these two new movies?

by on Feb. 6, 2013 at 9:37 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
maryg38
by Sweet Mary <3 on Feb. 6, 2013 at 9:41 AM
1 mom liked this
They're remaking the wizard of oz? Say what!?!?!?! That's just wrong. I'll stick to the oldie thank you very much!

Never saw jack and the beanstalk, just the cartoon versions
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
kam013
by Bronze sister on Feb. 6, 2013 at 9:41 AM

We were at the theatre the other day and they offered a preview of both movies.  

Based on the preview, the Oz movie (despite the male lead, being just an average actor) looks amazing!!

Jack the Giant Slayer looked very action packed, not sure if I would go see it in the theatre, but definitely a must have on DVD as soon as it comes out. 

joyfullem
by on Feb. 6, 2013 at 9:43 AM
1 mom liked this

The wizard of Oz isn't really a remake I don't think, If I understand it is the story of the wizard and how he ended up in Oz and what not... I guess I might be wrong though.  I have not even heard of jack in the beanstalk when was it made originally

dana63
by Momma of 40ish on Feb. 6, 2013 at 9:44 AM

I just saw both trailers and although I love the Wizard of Oz (my all time favorite movie) I would step out and wait for the DVD and watch them both. I won't go to the movies to see them..

I agree both look really good!! :)

dana63
by Momma of 40ish on Feb. 6, 2013 at 9:46 AM

Quoting joyfullem:

The wizard of Oz isn't really a remake I don't think, If I understand it is the story of the wizard and how he ended up in Oz and what not... I guess I might be wrong though.  I have not even heard of jack in the beanstalk when was it made originally

They are more of the concept of both movies. Javk and the beanstalk was more of a cartoon and I think a fairy tale movie (for kids). Both of these movies are more "up to date" fantasy.

BL2010
by BL on Feb. 6, 2013 at 10:12 AM

Nah, I don't usually want to see any remakes. I like the originals.

crazymom729
by Cajun Witch (dealer) on Feb. 6, 2013 at 10:28 AM
The wizard of oz? Not real sure on that one now Jack the giant slayer sure. I've only seen that as a cartoon.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
cuteoverload
by on Feb. 6, 2013 at 10:38 AM

I would watch them later if I have the time.

mrgetinold
by Gold sister on Feb. 6, 2013 at 10:48 AM
So want to see Oz! Hadnt heard about the Jack movie! So the jury is out on that one! Normally i dont get to movies that my ds 12 yr old will sit through so not sure i m the one to ask havent seen a movie since the odd life of timothy green!
MansfieldMama
by on Feb. 6, 2013 at 11:48 AM

Those two don't look very appealing to me, but the remake of The Great Gatsby look amazing!  It comes out May 10th and I'm so excited!  Leonardo di Caprio plays Gatsby, and Tobey Maguire plays Nick.  Yay!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)