Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

40ish and beyond... 40ish and beyond...

Leaving Teens for the Weekend! Oh MY!

Posted by on Feb. 6, 2013 at 1:51 PM
  • 9 Replies
  • 166 Total Views
1 mom liked this

I am so excited for our weekend to the Oregon Coast!  We are leaving tomorrow late morning (hopefully before noon)...and will be gone until Sunday...We were given a special gift of 2 nights hotel and a special private tour at Rogue Brewery for Christmas (ok well it was a gift for my husband but as his care giver I get to go along!)....

We are leaving our two teenagers home alone for the the first time....they are 18 and 16....They are excited for the freedom as well....They are good kids and we laid out the ground rules, no friends/girlfriends over (two exceptions with life long friends that we trust completely) must take care of the dog & cat, be home every night...No driving moms car as they have their own cars...no candles.....stay out of the booze! LOL ~ 

I am beside myself with excitment and nerves.  It will be the fist time we are staying in a hotel without help from some friends to lift my husband and we have a hydrolic lift in our bedroom so I have assistance in lifting him from bed etc....I'm nervous about showering him etc, but we are taking our shower chair/toilet riser and he has a new comfy power wheel chair.  I'm sure we'll be fine, and it will be good to get away from home and focus on eachohter and FUN!

Jeanette

"Love is a fabric that never fades, no matter how often it is washed in the waters of adversity and grief". -- Anon.
by on Feb. 6, 2013 at 1:51 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-9):
pasteeater
by on Feb. 6, 2013 at 1:57 PM

Sounds great!!!  Have fun!

firelites
by Anne on Feb. 6, 2013 at 2:00 PM

wondeful! have a great time!

cuteoverload
by on Feb. 6, 2013 at 2:09 PM

Sounds like a plan Have fun

BL2010
by BL on Feb. 6, 2013 at 2:13 PM

You're going to have such a good time. Be safe and enjoy!

MusicMom823
by Sister on Feb. 6, 2013 at 2:20 PM

Hubby and I left our 18 and 16 year old home while we went away together.  Everything was fine.  Have fun and find some romance :-)

jlsjjsmom
by Sister on Feb. 6, 2013 at 2:49 PM

Have a good time! We left our boys alone for a few days for the first time when they were 19 and 16. Do you have family or neighbors that can pop over to check on them? We let several people know that we were going to be gone and to let us know if they saw anything out of the ordinary. Like a driveway full of cars or a lot of noise.

jett286
by BrewMisstress on Feb. 6, 2013 at 3:00 PM

Quoting jlsjjsmom:

Have a good time! We left our boys alone for a few days for the first time when they were 19 and 16. Do you have family or neighbors that can pop over to check on them? We let several people know that we were going to be gone and to let us know if they saw anything out of the ordinary. Like a driveway full of cars or a lot of noise.

Yes we have some friends close by who will check on them and the boys have their numbers incase they need something....Good idea about letting the neighbors know we're out of town....

Jeanette

"Love is a fabric that never fades, no matter how often it is washed in the waters of adversity and grief". -- Anon.
dana63
by Momma of 40ish on Feb. 6, 2013 at 3:10 PM

Sounds like fun!! Have a great time and relax!!!!

pamelax3
by Bronze sister on Feb. 6, 2013 at 3:37 PM

Have a great time

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)