Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

40ish and beyond... 40ish and beyond...

You are not going to believe this!!!!

Posted by   + Show Post

I'm still a little shocked...I wanted to share this with you..

Last night around 11:00PM I went to take my garbage to the curb.  My front door sticks and shut behind me.  The door would not open...my son was upstairs asleep,,,I kept ringing the door bell he did not come down stairs.  My backdoor and garage door were locked as well along with my windows on the first floor. One of my neighbors came home, I got his attention, asked if I could borrow his cell phone to call my son.  Explained that I was locked out of my house.  I tried to call the house 5 times, my son didn't answer.  I gave the phone back to the man and he left me outside in 30 degree weather, I didn't have a coat on and I'm still not able to get into my house.

Long story short, I was stuck outside for about 1.5 hours till my son heard the doorbell and came downstairs to open the door for me.  His response was why was I taking the garbage out at 11:00PM.  That is the time I do it every week!!

So yes, calling repair man to fix my door...Yes, will always have cell phone and house key on me...

Do you belive that man just left me?  That is the part I'm most shocked about..

blank stare

by on Feb. 6, 2013 at 3:51 PM
Replies (11-20):
Onmyown2727
by Bronze sister on Feb. 6, 2013 at 4:15 PM

For me maybe this happened to bring attention to me being more helpful to people...I belive that what ever life hands us, good or bad, we can learn from it.

Quoting pamelax3:

I find it very strange, people just do not look out for each other like we use too

Quoting Onmyown2727:

I thought it was just me that thought this was strange!  What has happen to people?  

Quoting pamelax3:

What a ding dong, leaving you out in that kind of weather.. My 2 1/2 DS locked me out a few weeks ago, thank goodness we keep a spare key hidden

pamelax3
by Bronze sister on Feb. 6, 2013 at 4:18 PM

Very true.. I like to help people as much as I can, but I am sometimes very worried about trying.

Quoting Onmyown2727:

For me maybe this happened to bring attention to me being more helpful to people...I belive that what ever life hands us, good or bad, we can learn from it.

Quoting pamelax3:

I find it very strange, people just do not look out for each other like we use too

Quoting Onmyown2727:

I thought it was just me that thought this was strange!  What has happen to people?  

Quoting pamelax3:

What a ding dong, leaving you out in that kind of weather.. My 2 1/2 DS locked me out a few weeks ago, thank goodness we keep a spare key hidden

Onmyown2727
by Bronze sister on Feb. 6, 2013 at 4:25 PM

Please tell me what you're worried about.

Quoting pamelax3:

Very true.. I like to help people as much as I can, but I am sometimes very worried about trying.

Quoting Onmyown2727:

Quoting pamelax3:

Quoting Onmyown2727:

Quoting pamelax3:

pamelax3
by Bronze sister on Feb. 6, 2013 at 4:32 PM

I have only gotten worried once and that was a broken down truck, I had stopped to see if they needed help and the people in the truck were very strange, and since that I have always gotten nervouse about stopping

Quoting Onmyown2727:

Please tell me what you're worried about.

Quoting pamelax3:

Quoting Onmyown2727:

Quoting pamelax3:

Quoting Onmyown2727:

Quoting pamelax3:

Alyssa1988-21
by on Feb. 6, 2013 at 4:37 PM
That's why I give a neighbor I trust a spare key so if I get locked out Ill always have one next door lol
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
finnbar
by on Feb. 6, 2013 at 4:37 PM
So, you knew this neighbor, at least in passing, and he knew you? Sheesh! Would it have killed him to let you sit in his livingroom and call home every few minutes?
I mean, we are not that far removed from the days when neighbors built barns for each other for nothing more than a potluck supper!
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
gonecrazi
by Lucky :) on Feb. 6, 2013 at 4:39 PM

So much for chivalry

Onmyown2727
by Bronze sister on Feb. 6, 2013 at 5:33 PM

Do we still have men that will perform an act of chivalry?

Quoting gonecrazi:

So much for chivalry

Onmyown2727
by Bronze sister on Feb. 6, 2013 at 5:35 PM

I agree, it could have been the least he could have done.  I can't change others but I sure as heck can remember to be a helping hand when the opportunity presents itself.

Quoting finnbar:

So, you knew this neighbor, at least in passing, and he knew you? Sheesh! Would it have killed him to let you sit in his livingroom and call home every few minutes?
I mean, we are not that far removed from the days when neighbors built barns for each other for nothing more than a potluck supper!

Onmyown2727
by Bronze sister on Feb. 6, 2013 at 5:37 PM

Oh trust me a few things have changed since last night...getting the door fixed, have key in poket for back door, have cell phone on me...key hidden...so yes a few things...

Quoting Alyssa1988-21:

That's why I give a neighbor I trust a spare key so if I get locked out Ill always have one next door lol

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)