Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

40ish and beyond... 40ish and beyond...

You are not going to believe this!!!!

Posted by   + Show Post

I'm still a little shocked...I wanted to share this with you..

Last night around 11:00PM I went to take my garbage to the curb.  My front door sticks and shut behind me.  The door would not open...my son was upstairs asleep,,,I kept ringing the door bell he did not come down stairs.  My backdoor and garage door were locked as well along with my windows on the first floor. One of my neighbors came home, I got his attention, asked if I could borrow his cell phone to call my son.  Explained that I was locked out of my house.  I tried to call the house 5 times, my son didn't answer.  I gave the phone back to the man and he left me outside in 30 degree weather, I didn't have a coat on and I'm still not able to get into my house.

Long story short, I was stuck outside for about 1.5 hours till my son heard the doorbell and came downstairs to open the door for me.  His response was why was I taking the garbage out at 11:00PM.  That is the time I do it every week!!

So yes, calling repair man to fix my door...Yes, will always have cell phone and house key on me...

Do you belive that man just left me?  That is the part I'm most shocked about..

blank stare

by on Feb. 6, 2013 at 3:51 PM
Replies (21-30):
Onmyown2727
by Silver sister on Feb. 6, 2013 at 5:38 PM

Understand...always listen to your gut....

Quoting pamelax3:

I have only gotten worried once and that was a broken down truck, I had stopped to see if they needed help and the people in the truck were very strange, and since that I have always gotten nervouse about stopping

Quoting Onmyown2727:

Please tell me what you're worried about.

Quoting pamelax3:

Very true.. I like to help people as much as I can, but I am sometimes very worried about trying.

Quoting Onmyown2727:

For me maybe this happened to bring attention to me being more helpful to people...I belive that what ever life hands us, good or bad, we can learn from it.

Quoting pamelax3:

I find it very strange, people just do not look out for each other like we use too

Quoting Onmyown2727:

I thought it was just me that thought this was strange!  What has happen to people?  

Quoting pamelax3:

What a ding dong, leaving you out in that kind of weather.. My 2 1/2 DS locked me out a few weeks ago, thank goodness we keep a spare key hidden

happygolucky106
by Wild Black Stallion on Feb. 7, 2013 at 5:25 AM

You could have froze to death,, that's aweful,, am glad you are ok tho.. Hope you don't get sick now.....

Onmyown2727
by Silver sister on Feb. 7, 2013 at 6:13 AM
1 mom liked this

I agree it is, I'm ok.  Don't feel like I'm getting sick either.

Quoting happygolucky106:

You could have froze to death,, that's aweful,, am glad you are ok tho.. Hope you don't get sick now.....

rosiemendo
by Silver sister on Feb. 7, 2013 at 7:00 AM

Not very neighborly of that man!  I'm lucky I live on a street with great neighbors.  Although most of the time I have my cell phone on me.  Many people are afraid to live where I live, in the city, but I wouldn't live anywhere else.  Buffalo is known as the "city of good neighbors."  Although things are a lot different from when I was growing up, most people are friendly and working on making our neighborhood "up and coming" once again.

SeanandNoahsmom
by Manning Fan on Feb. 7, 2013 at 8:04 AM

Wow; my neighbors are friendly, and help each other out. He could have at least offered you a coat; that was just cruel. Do you know him at all?

cherylam
by Bronze sister on Feb. 7, 2013 at 7:07 PM

I'm not surprised.  For most people the age of chivalry is long dead and buried.

Lovemyshadows
by Bronze sister on Feb. 7, 2013 at 11:35 PM

We keep a key outside.  The neighbors all know where it is.  We also put a keypad on our garage door.

im so sorry this happened to you.  It's horrible that it didn't occur to him to offer his help, I'm sure you looked quite dangerous.  Maybe it's time to bake a cake and make friends with your neighbors.

RoseWall
by RoseWall on Feb. 8, 2013 at 12:51 AM

hugs.

DieselsMom
by on Feb. 8, 2013 at 12:56 AM

so YOU lock yourself out of the house, your SON does't answer the door bell or phone, and it is the neighbors fault because he didn't invite you into his house??? maybe he was busy, or tired...he DID let you use his cell....this is the prob with people today, nothing is ever enough!

Ziva65
by on Feb. 8, 2013 at 1:17 AM

haha- so sorry, it is funny though. Can you also hide a key outside?

AND- what kind of odd neighbor is that??? Seems like he should have invited you in and given you tea or something...

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)