Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

You are not going to believe this!!!!

Posted by   + Show Post

I'm still a little shocked...I wanted to share this with you..

Last night around 11:00PM I went to take my garbage to the curb.  My front door sticks and shut behind me.  The door would not open...my son was upstairs asleep,,,I kept ringing the door bell he did not come down stairs.  My backdoor and garage door were locked as well along with my windows on the first floor. One of my neighbors came home, I got his attention, asked if I could borrow his cell phone to call my son.  Explained that I was locked out of my house.  I tried to call the house 5 times, my son didn't answer.  I gave the phone back to the man and he left me outside in 30 degree weather, I didn't have a coat on and I'm still not able to get into my house.

Long story short, I was stuck outside for about 1.5 hours till my son heard the doorbell and came downstairs to open the door for me.  His response was why was I taking the garbage out at 11:00PM.  That is the time I do it every week!!

So yes, calling repair man to fix my door...Yes, will always have cell phone and house key on me...

Do you belive that man just left me?  That is the part I'm most shocked about..

blank stare

by on Feb. 6, 2013 at 3:51 PM
Replies (41-47):
madre1969
by on Feb. 13, 2013 at 12:58 AM
1 mom liked this

you need to have a hide a key hidden outside.......more neighbors arent worth a s... now adays......

Onmyown2727
by Bronze sister on Feb. 13, 2013 at 1:51 AM

Done

Quoting madre1969:

you need to have a hide a key hidden outside.......more neighbors arent worth a s... now adays......

maryg38
by Sweet Mary <3 on Feb. 13, 2013 at 8:03 AM
Oh the nerve.... Glad you are okay now
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
TinaNicu
by Sister on Feb. 13, 2013 at 9:22 AM

One time I got locked out in the back yard while cleaning the back french doors. My older child was inside as was the windex that I was using. He locked the door. He is autistic and doesn't follow commands to open the door. Luckily, I had the phone with me and called my husband to come home from work to open the door. As I waited 40 minutes, I watched my son almost try to drink the Windex! There was nothing I could do. I knocked, and yelled at him. Needless to say, I now have a hidden key outside.

Mariagma3
by Wild Midwest Lady on Feb. 13, 2013 at 9:34 AM

He could have invited you in or something. Gees! But, maybe he was just being cautious, because he doesn't know you. I'm sorry for all that.

Onmyown2727
by Bronze sister on Feb. 13, 2013 at 9:46 AM

OHG!!!  My son is autistic as well.  When he goes to sleep, he is out for the night...it takes a lot to wake in the middle of the night.. 

Quoting TinaNicu:

One time I got locked out in the back yard while cleaning the back french doors. My older child was inside as was the windex that I was using. He locked the door. He is autistic and doesn't follow commands to open the door. Luckily, I had the phone with me and called my husband to come home from work to open the door. As I waited 40 minutes, I watched my son almost try to drink the Windex! There was nothing I could do. I knocked, and yelled at him. Needless to say, I now have a hidden key outside.

Onmyown2727
by Bronze sister on Feb. 13, 2013 at 9:47 AM

Thank you! 

Quoting maryg38:

Oh the nerve.... Glad you are okay now

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)