Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

40ish and beyond... 40ish and beyond...

help! separation anxiety and tantrums

Posted by on Feb. 7, 2013 at 8:25 AM
  • 4 Replies
  • 120 Total Views

Does anyone have advice on handeling separation anxiety (for baby) and tantrums.  My 11 month old cries everytime i leave the room. he's usually a really easy going happy baby. this just started. he also has begun having tantrums. i'm very frustrated and just don't know what to do. thanks for any advice

by on Feb. 7, 2013 at 8:25 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-4):
starlight1968
by 40ish hang out queen on Feb. 7, 2013 at 9:06 AM

I would usually would make sure she was busy and "sneak" off... she got over it eventually... HUGS

gonecrazi
by Lucky :) on Feb. 7, 2013 at 9:50 AM

I agree make sure he is busy and sneak out of the room. If he realizes you are gone and cries he'll be okay for a minute. I always ignored tantrums, the more you give him attention the more they will happen

mrgetinold
by Gold sister on Feb. 7, 2013 at 10:02 AM
Awww sorry momma! Maybe try leave the room for short periods ( like a peek a boo game) so your little one knows you leave bit you always come back to him! I wish you luck things like this sure pull at your heart strings with things! Hugs
rmp
by on Feb. 7, 2013 at 10:16 AM

I would leave the room for short periods when my babie were in their cribs and it was nap time or I needed 10 minutes to myself.  Each one had a small radio in their room and I had it set to classical or smooth jazz and it calmed them. Did that for their first years. It  really helped and they were much calmer.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)