Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

40ish and beyond... 40ish and beyond...

Does Anyone Want To Compete With Me?

Posted by on Feb. 7, 2013 at 12:05 PM
  • 24 Replies
  • 331 Total Views
2 moms liked this

I need someone to walk "with".  I was doing so well but for the last few days I've just been down.  I was wondering if anyone wanted to compare notes with me.  Maybe you run or exercise.  I guess I just need a workout buddy.  It doesn't really need to be competive really.  Just someone to check in with at the end of the day.  Yes, that's what I mean.  You can say "oh, I did this or that" and I'd tell you and then we could both be supportive.  Anyone interested?

by on Feb. 7, 2013 at 12:05 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
25beengoodtome
by Crazy LiL' Sister on Feb. 7, 2013 at 12:43 PM

I'd love to work with you, P.E. !

~

pasteeater
by on Feb. 7, 2013 at 12:47 PM

That'd be awesome!  Mostly what I do is walk and bike occasionally.  It would be nice to have someone to compare notes with.

Quoting 25beengoodtome:

I'd love to work with you, P.E. !

January1964
by on Feb. 7, 2013 at 12:52 PM

Sure. How many people do you want? I actually have an appointment with a personal trainer at the gym today. I am about 5 ft 5 in and weigh 137. I want to firm up and lose 10 lbs. My stomach kinda hangs over my pants. I want to know how much weight I should be lifting and what I can do to get a flat stomach. I walk 1 to 2 miles per day, go to the gym 4 to 5 times per week, and take Zumba classes twice per week. I am not working out hard enough at the gym and want to get pointed in the right direction. I would not look good in a bikini.

dana63
by Momma of 40ish on Feb. 7, 2013 at 1:55 PM

I walk 3 miles a day and would love to compare notes..

pasteeater
by on Feb. 7, 2013 at 2:08 PM
1 mom liked this

As many people who want to join.  It's helpful to be here for each other.  I think we should just keep this post going to compare with each other.  I'm glad we can all work together.  I'm 5'7" and weigh 170.  I've lost 30 so far.  I wouldn't look good in the same room as a bikini.  lol

Quoting January1964:

Sure. How many people do you want? I actually have an appointment with a personal trainer at the gym today. I am about 5 ft 5 in and weigh 137. I want to firm up and lose 10 lbs. My stomach kinda hangs over my pants. I want to know how much weight I should be lifting and what I can do to get a flat stomach. I walk 1 to 2 miles per day, go to the gym 4 to 5 times per week, and take Zumba classes twice per week. I am not working out hard enough at the gym and want to get pointed in the right direction. I would not look good in a bikini.

pasteeater
by on Feb. 7, 2013 at 2:10 PM

That would be great.  I think it would be good to just all do it here because it would help anyone who needed help.

Quoting dana63:

I walk 3 miles a day and would love to compare notes..

Lovemyshadows
by Bronze sister on Feb. 7, 2013 at 8:16 PM

I'm a beginner, can I play too?

January1964
by on Feb. 7, 2013 at 8:18 PM

I just got back from my personal training session. I did a bunch of exercises, squats, planks, sit-ups, push-ups, kettle ball exercises, hand weights...My trainer said that if I want to make my goal, to cut out all dairy. This should not be a problem, as my husband has cut out dairy for a year and all our meals (he cooks) are dairy-free anyway. The thing is, I like cheese. I like cheese on top of cheese, but I need to change my ways. I need to eat salads for lunch and not pizza. Drink water, not juice. That kind of thing. My legs feel weak from all the leg work I did, not sore, but kind of shaky. He also said not to eat bread, but hubs thinks that's a bit extreme.

pasteeater
by on Feb. 7, 2013 at 10:26 PM
Of course. What do you do?

Quoting Lovemyshadows:

I'm a beginner, can I play too?

Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
pasteeater
by on Feb. 7, 2013 at 10:28 PM
Wow you worked hard. Good job!!

Quoting January1964:

I just got back from my personal training session. I did a bunch of exercises, squats, planks, sit-ups, push-ups, kettle ball exercises, hand weights...My trainer said that if I want to make my goal, to cut out all dairy. This should not be a problem, as my husband has cut out dairy for a year and all our meals (he cooks) are dairy-free anyway. The thing is, I like cheese. I like cheese on top of cheese, but I need to change my ways. I need to eat salads for lunch and not pizza. Drink water, not juice. That kind of thing. My legs feel weak from all the leg work I did, not sore, but kind of shaky. He also said not to eat bread, but hubs thinks that's a bit extreme.

Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN