Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

40ish and beyond... 40ish and beyond...

DENTURES CAN BE SUCH A BOTHER!

Posted by on Feb. 7, 2013 at 1:37 PM
  • 5 Replies
  • 180 Total Views

Not only the pain endured before our teeth were removed, But now we need  the cleaning tabs, a special brush, and paste to hold the dentures tight.[mine are more than 30 years, still held in by the clamping/ clinging wiring. I honestly should be greatful.

addicted to cafemom

by on Feb. 7, 2013 at 1:37 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-5):
looneymom424
by on Feb. 7, 2013 at 4:25 PM

I know the feeling I cant even eat with mine they need adjusted again.  I just dont wear them

mrgetinold
by Gold sister on Feb. 7, 2013 at 4:33 PM
I understand your pain i m 3 months out of e day, my mouth is so small ( they dont have a tray small enough to fit, so my immediates are like having two tall skyscrapers in my mouth, i cant even move to talk) when healed im going in to get them stableized with mini implants, hate that insurance dont touch that to help pay for them! I hope better smile days to come for us hon, hugs
StrtnOvr
by Bronze sister on Feb. 8, 2013 at 8:01 AM
I am a year with mine. Still wearing my temps but just went to be fitted for my perms. I pray I don't have to use so much adhesive on my new ones. It has been making me nauseated due to the large amount I have to use and having to use it before I eat anything. I don't regret my decision. I am happy that I can smile and laugh without covering my mouth now.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
lovegrandbaby
by Bronze sister on Feb. 8, 2013 at 9:36 PM

I've had nothing but trouble with mine - have since day one.  Even dh can't believe the problems, but every time we went back and told dentist we didn't think they made them right, they insist they did.  When I am home, I very rarely wear them because they rub on my mouth and cause sores.  I have to use a ton of adhesive and pray they stay in right when i want to eat, or when I am in public talking.  That is why I don't like to go out to eat with aquaintances either.  I cannot afford to pay for new ones, and dh is retired so we don't have dental coverage.

cuteoverload
by on Feb. 8, 2013 at 10:14 PM

i don't have them yet

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)