Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

40ish and beyond... 40ish and beyond...

We're always talking about our kids but...

Posted by on Feb. 8, 2013 at 11:19 AM
  • 11 Replies
  • 290 Total Views
1 mom liked this

What have YOU done that embrassed your kids?  Besides being alive that is.  When my oldest son was about 13 we were waiting for a taxi.  I got on one of those horses out side the store and turned it on and rode it whooping like a cowboy!  LOL I still remember his face.  I sometimes hug my son outside the store and he gets so embrassed.  It seems like any thing I do gets him.  I'm ok to pick him up whenever he wants a ride home, but I am not allowed to exist!  LOL

by on Feb. 8, 2013 at 11:19 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
starlight1968
by 40ish hang out queen on Feb. 8, 2013 at 11:42 AM
1 mom liked this

Oh I do it on a daily basis...when I drop her off from school I put the window down and yell "I wuv you sweetpea"... I know she loves it to tho cause she smiles but she still does the "moOoom" thing lol..

pasteeater
by on Feb. 8, 2013 at 11:58 AM

That's funny.  How old is she?

Quoting starlight1968:

Oh I do it on a daily basis...when I drop her off from school I put the window down and yell "I wuv you sweetpea"... I know she loves it to tho cause she smiles but she still does the "moOoom" thing lol..

starlight1968
by 40ish hang out queen on Feb. 8, 2013 at 12:13 PM

She's 15 and in High school, but I have done it since I stopped walking her inside to her class in Elementary school haha...

Quoting pasteeater:

Quoting starlight1968:

pasteeater
by on Feb. 8, 2013 at 12:18 PM

Oh, I get it!!  Mine's 14 and in High School.

Quoting starlight1968:

She's 15 and in High school, but I have done it since I stopped walking her inside to her class in Elementary school haha...

Quoting pasteeater:

Quoting starlight1968:

my2sweetjoys
by Kay on Feb. 8, 2013 at 12:34 PM
3 moms liked this

This is me on stage singing 'I whip my hair back & forth" at legoland discovery center last weekend.It is a karoke stage for little ones but I decided it was time to embarrass my older kid.My 5 yr old son loved it!My 19 yr old walked off as I chose "Single Ladies"laughingnext.

Oh and my duck face I posted on Fb, she was sooo emabrrassed at that, here it is with other "son" that is 21

pasteeater
by on Feb. 8, 2013 at 12:51 PM
That looks fun!

Quoting my2sweetjoys:

This is me on stage singing 'I whip my hair back & forth" at legoland discovery center last weekend.It is a karoke stage for little ones but I decided it was time to embarrass my older kid.My 5 yr old son loved it!My 19 yr old walked off as I chose "Single Ladies"laughingnext.

Oh and my duck face I posted on Fb, she was sooo emabrrassed at that, here it is with other "son" that is 21

Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
my2sweetjoys
by Kay on Feb. 9, 2013 at 10:08 AM

I think we enjoyed it as much as my 5 yr old just wish it was a bigger place.This one is in Atlanta at a large mall and it was our forst time there.Such cute buildings made of those legos

Quoting pasteeater:

That looks fun!

Quoting my2sweetjoys:

pasteeater
by on Feb. 9, 2013 at 10:22 AM
1 mom liked this
My 14 yr olds room looks like Lego Land. They're everywhere. He gets a new set every Christmas and birthdays.

Quoting my2sweetjoys:

I think we enjoyed it as much as my 5 yr old just wish it was a bigger place.This one is in Atlanta at a large mall and it was our forst time there.Such cute buildings made of those legos

Quoting pasteeater:

That looks fun!

Quoting my2sweetjoys:

Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
gonecrazi
by Lucky :) on Feb. 9, 2013 at 10:39 AM
1 mom liked this

Had ds (10) home sick on Thursday. I had to run up to the Dollar Store so we went in our jammies. He was like "really Mom".  

mrgetinold
by Gold sister on Feb. 13, 2013 at 6:06 PM
Omg i tthought embarrassing kids is the cherry ( no pun intended) on being a parent from the baby photos naked or wearing their food, to having be out in public with them ( most of the time its because i m paying for something they want or need) and doing or wear something not acceptable and getting the oh mother talk with the roll back of the eyeballs!
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)