Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

40ish and beyond... 40ish and beyond...

Grey hair, anyone?

Posted by on Feb. 8, 2013 at 2:37 PM
  • 30 Replies
  • 435 Total Views
2 moms liked this

The other day I was sitting on the front steps with my grandson. In the sun it was very apparent that  my hair was no longer totally brunette. So in an effort to make the inevitable more positive,, my dear old gb said " don't worry,mama. It means you're wise. "  So I informed him of some knowledge my years of wisdom have garnered.I said " You know what alot of mammals eat to survive. Hawks eat small mammals and have occasionally been known to swoop down and grab cats and small children".cat                                                                                                                                                                         "

by on Feb. 8, 2013 at 2:37 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
stayathome510
by Sister on Feb. 8, 2013 at 2:52 PM

Haha!  I hear ya, oh well, what can you do?  I even use a rinse, but it always wins in the end!

RubyQ
by Gold sister on Feb. 8, 2013 at 3:16 PM
1 mom liked this

sidesplittinglaughtersidesplittinglaughtersidesplittinglaughter

ruggy03
by New sister on Feb. 8, 2013 at 3:16 PM
My 9 year olld know it all daughter said "uhm no offense mom but my blonde highlites look a lot prettier than ur grey next time try this color"......
BL2010
by BL on Feb. 8, 2013 at 3:37 PM

LMAO......

My husband usually always says something like, gee, lots of gray there. Time to color it?

ashleighmama
by Ash on Feb. 8, 2013 at 4:44 PM
Ha ha! My 8 yr old son loves to point out my gray hairs, tells me I should color it. But he says it so innocently as if I honestly didnt know I have some gray hairs and as if I really didnt know they make color for tha. Duh, I colored my dirty blonde natural color bleach blonde for 15 or so years. But I jokingly blame each and every one of my gray hairs on my 14 yr old son, he causes this mama WAY more grief than my 8 yr old.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
DooneBug
by Sister on Feb. 8, 2013 at 4:49 PM

Oh my Oh my I also have grey hair and I will be 50 the end of March but I started about 15 yrs ago but I do color my hair and have it 2 toned right now and my problem is that I can color it but one week later I have a grey spot friends say it is my mother streak with have 2 grown children I asked her what hers was from and she stated the same so I guess I agree with you all guess we are wise........butterfly

gr8d8n3mom
by Bronze sister on Feb. 8, 2013 at 4:50 PM
1 mom liked this

I "highlight" mine.(who am I kidding, I color it!) When it gets time to do it again, and my girls see it, they start in about my roots showing the grey. I tell them THEY  put it there! LOL

finlyhappy65
by on Feb. 8, 2013 at 4:58 PM

I've had gray (white actually) hair since early thirties - clairol is my best friend!

daisybelle1960
by on Feb. 8, 2013 at 7:15 PM

Have the roots done about every 5 weeks here!

witch_e_woman
by The Witch of 40ish on Feb. 8, 2013 at 7:43 PM

lol

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN