Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

40ish and beyond... 40ish and beyond...

The other day I was sitting on the front steps with my grandson. In the sun it was very apparent that  my hair was no longer totally brunette. So in an effort to make the inevitable more positive,, my dear old gb said " don't worry,mama. It means you're wise. "  So I informed him of some knowledge my years of wisdom have garnered.I said " You know what alot of mammals eat to survive. Hawks eat small mammals and have occasionally been known to swoop down and grab cats and small children".cat                                                                                                                                                                         "

by on Feb. 8, 2013 at 2:37 PM
Replies (21-30):
hau_siyoka
by Doll Baby on Feb. 9, 2013 at 1:29 PM
1 mom liked this

After raising 8 children and their friends I thought for sure my grey hair would be purple lol But its finally showing itself and I couldn't be prouder....hugs

alexgia
by Silver sister on Feb. 9, 2013 at 1:55 PM
so far my gray just blends in with the blonde so i will leave it alone. i get asked what color i use on my hair fairly often. i am plucking alot of gray out of my eyebrows though-hope i have some left.
catwoman123456
by Sister on Feb. 9, 2013 at 2:18 PM

Thiught about letting  it go  completely silver(which it would if I ever stopped coloring it) but my grandd actually told me not to let it.I think that's cause she might be embarassed by having a 57 yo grandma standing next to her at a Seether concert! I have 5 kids and 6 grands- I went  over the edge years ago.My dh is no slouch in the making me older before my time dept. either.cat

puritydoll
by Bronze sister on Feb. 9, 2013 at 2:28 PM

I put henna on mine and WOW did it do a great job. It lasts a lot longer than the Manic Panic, but I like the Manic Panic red so I put that on top :)

mine's been turning white since my late 20s.

Jellybean306
by Sister on Feb. 10, 2013 at 8:29 PM

I have white hair sticking out everywhere...low lights and highlights don't cover them up...well sometime on my faceline the white gets colored but it soon washes out... funny, my mom has perfectly white hair and it is beautiful...maybe one day I'll get the guts to let it all just grow in.

Lovemyshadows
by Bronze sister on Feb. 11, 2013 at 4:51 PM

I don't color my hair.  It's mostly gray now, I don't mind at all.  

1Trixie
by Mary's Shadow on Feb. 11, 2013 at 5:01 PM

LOL =) Tell your gb that wrinkles come from WISDOM before gb beats you to that one =) LOL to the grey hair, who doesn't have it when we get older.

sahlady
by It's a jen.thing :) on Feb. 11, 2013 at 5:02 PM

Mine too, but my blond is helped a bit by a wonderful lady at the salon.

Though I still consider it MY blond, since I paid for it.

Quoting alexgia:

so far my gray just blends in with the blonde 

JodyLane555
by Sister on Feb. 16, 2013 at 6:37 PM

I have been coloring mine for about 15 yrs, started going gray around 30! I am getting tired of it so i will let it go maybe 12 weeks until every time I decide NO WAY GRAY! and color it again. I had a friend who finally gave up around 50 yrs old, she shaved her head bald, went to jamaica for 2 weeks and came back looking like Jamie Lee Curtis!

Hollysb
by on Feb. 16, 2013 at 8:01 PM
I'm thinking about letting my frost grow out..I hope it looks Nice..the bleach eventually makes my hair dry and straw like..Cross ur fingers that it looks ok..
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)