Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

40ish and beyond... 40ish and beyond...

Do you have family dinner on Sunday?

Posted by   + Show Post

When I was growing up, we always had a big family dinner @ 2:00 on Sunday and all 7 of us had to be there.  Do you do this in your home?

by on Feb. 8, 2013 at 4:43 PM
Replies (11-20):
starlight1968
by 40ish hang out queen on Feb. 8, 2013 at 10:52 PM

not really anymore but I do try to make Sunday's dinner a bit more 'fancy' than normal...even during NASCAR season lol...

alexgia
by Silver sister on Feb. 9, 2013 at 2:00 PM
it is usually just the two of us anymore but i do try to do something that takes a little more time since is sometimes the only day we are both home. tomorrow i am cooking catfish and prawns.
RubyQ
by Gold sister on Feb. 9, 2013 at 2:09 PM

No. But I'm willing to start if you'll have me.smile mini

catwoman123456
by Sister on Feb. 9, 2013 at 2:22 PM

Yep- now that most of vthe kids are married and have kids of their own they sometimes make dinner. But it's still usually here- they didn't want to move too far.Which is positive and negative. I secretly really love it,though.cat

terri-553
by Terri on Feb. 9, 2013 at 5:18 PM

When my m-l-law was living we;d all meet at her house/Every Sunday for dinner all big holidays,Now as my bunch are all gone we gather hoildays maybe 3 times a year,And the grands b/days as most of the little kids are 10/under,otherwise,we get togther every so often just because we can

TableforSeven
by Bronze sister on Feb. 9, 2013 at 10:59 PM

Friday dinner and Saturday lunch are our big family meals.....and also the times when we, most often, have company.

1squishysmom
by Silver sister on Feb. 9, 2013 at 11:02 PM

No, that's the one day that I try to avoid making a big dinner. I have to cook every other day. Sunday is my day off, I guess. When I was young, we all went to my Grandma's for dinner on Sundays.

Jellybean306
by Sister on Feb. 10, 2013 at 8:13 PM

Nope,,,boys are grown and gone..dh and I just snack and watch tv

letstalk747
by Joyful on Feb. 10, 2013 at 8:14 PM

nope

Onmyown2727
by Silver sister on Feb. 11, 2013 at 10:01 AM

Yesterday we went out with friends....

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)