Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

40ish and beyond... 40ish and beyond...

Anyone ever heard of this diet? Did some homework looks pretty easy. Just wanted to know if anyone ever used it.

by on Feb. 8, 2013 at 5:13 PM
Replies (11-14):
finlyhappy65
by on Feb. 9, 2013 at 10:23 AM

That is awesome!  Congrats!

Quoting Bookwormy:

I could be wrong but I want to say that I'd only heard of the Paleo diet in connection with families with children suffering with terrible food allergies & food intolerances. I had no idea it was another fad diet to lose weight & be healthy. I thought it was for either food allergies or Celiac disease.

If you are trying to lose weight, I would recommend reducing portions & adding activity. If you need a formal diet to do so, as I do, I recommend Weight Watchers. So far I've lost over 53lb of the 100lb I need to lose.

Bookwormy
by Sister on Feb. 9, 2013 at 12:25 PM
Thanks!

Quoting finlyhappy65:

That is awesome!  Congrats!

Quoting Bookwormy:

I could be wrong but I want to say that I'd only heard of the Paleo diet in connection with families with children suffering with terrible food allergies & food intolerances. I had no idea it was another fad diet to lose weight & be healthy. I thought it was for either food allergies or Celiac disease.

If you are trying to lose weight, I would recommend reducing portions & adding activity. If you need a formal diet to do so, as I do, I recommend Weight Watchers. So far I've lost over 53lb of the 100lb I need to lose.

Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
finlyhappy65
by on Feb. 9, 2013 at 1:18 PM

I can see where it would be beneficial for celiac since there are no wheats rye etc

tpickle
by Sister on Feb. 9, 2013 at 1:35 PM

This diet sounds a lot like the old 
Atkins diet which I used years ago.  

It's a fad diet, which allows you to lose a lot of weight due to lack of hunger, but it you go off of it you gain the weight right back.  Atkins was not a practical way to eat for a lifetime.  I'll say though that it was nice to feel so free of hunger and to be so nice and thin for a while. floating in pool

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN