Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Anyone ever heard of this diet? Did some homework looks pretty easy. Just wanted to know if anyone ever used it.

by on Feb. 8, 2013 at 5:13 PM
Replies (11-14):
finlyhappy65
by on Feb. 9, 2013 at 10:23 AM

That is awesome!  Congrats!

Quoting Bookwormy:

I could be wrong but I want to say that I'd only heard of the Paleo diet in connection with families with children suffering with terrible food allergies & food intolerances. I had no idea it was another fad diet to lose weight & be healthy. I thought it was for either food allergies or Celiac disease.

If you are trying to lose weight, I would recommend reducing portions & adding activity. If you need a formal diet to do so, as I do, I recommend Weight Watchers. So far I've lost over 53lb of the 100lb I need to lose.

Bookwormy
by Sister on Feb. 9, 2013 at 12:25 PM
Thanks!

Quoting finlyhappy65:

That is awesome!  Congrats!

Quoting Bookwormy:

I could be wrong but I want to say that I'd only heard of the Paleo diet in connection with families with children suffering with terrible food allergies & food intolerances. I had no idea it was another fad diet to lose weight & be healthy. I thought it was for either food allergies or Celiac disease.

If you are trying to lose weight, I would recommend reducing portions & adding activity. If you need a formal diet to do so, as I do, I recommend Weight Watchers. So far I've lost over 53lb of the 100lb I need to lose.

Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
finlyhappy65
by on Feb. 9, 2013 at 1:18 PM

I can see where it would be beneficial for celiac since there are no wheats rye etc

tpickle
by Sister on Feb. 9, 2013 at 1:35 PM

This diet sounds a lot like the old 
Atkins diet which I used years ago.  

It's a fad diet, which allows you to lose a lot of weight due to lack of hunger, but it you go off of it you gain the weight right back.  Atkins was not a practical way to eat for a lifetime.  I'll say though that it was nice to feel so free of hunger and to be so nice and thin for a while. floating in pool

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)