Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

40ish and beyond... 40ish and beyond...

Please...reply to this post only if you are "Slim and Pretty".

Posted by   + Show Post

.... Because I don't give a sh!t if you are a fantastic person, great parent, have a great sense of humor, can raise a successful college educated family on your own, are a Doctor, Lawyer,  a CEO, an author, a Nobel prize winner, can ride a motorcycle, have scaled Mt. Everest, won the Boston marathon, are financially independent, can hold conversations with the homeless and the President alike, have read everything there is to know about about world history, appreciate art, music, English literature,  are wealthy, can sail a boat, found a cure for 3 diseases, interested in photography, have traveled the world extensively, are an expert in demolition, are an expert in hang gliding, are an astronaut, a gourmet chef, or any other number of things that would hint at you being more than just my arm candy.

I DON"T WANT KNOW ANYTHING ABOUT YOU THAT IS REMOTELY INTERESTING OR SUSTAINING FOR ANY KIND OF RELATIONSHIP IF YOU ARE NOT SLIM AND PRETTY FIRST!  IT IS ALL ABOUT PLEASING MY EGO FIRST. Nevermind that I probably look like crap, myself.

Thank heavens men are stupid enough to make this their first request when seeking women through match-making services, so a woman can weed them out right off the bat! And you are doing that, aren't you ladies? Who in their right mind would answer an ad with this as the first --or even fortieth-- requirement? Even if you were 'slim and pretty" AND had accomplished any of the things above, WHY would you want to be with someone who would be just as happy with someone who had absolutely no brains, personality, personal accomplishments, etc.,? --they just happened to meet the FIRST two requirements. 

I just read this article on matchmaking businesses that said the main thing most men request is a woman that is "slim and pretty". Most women ask for someone that is 'loyal and honest'.

Well, I guess they're getting that --These men are being loyal and honest TO/FOR THEMSELVES in requesting first, these superficial, shallow requirements for a mate. They don't want people, they want blow up dolls that do nothing but sit there waiting to please them. SO SAD.

Ladies, be careful what you wish for!

by on Feb. 11, 2013 at 10:27 AM
Replies (11-20):
RubyQ
by Gold sister on Feb. 11, 2013 at 12:03 PM
1 mom liked this

Quoting Mariagma3:

YIKES! I am pretty, but not slim! Oh well!

You know, not that it matters one bit, but yes, you are pretty. And your pic shows a happy, loving person, that probably is interested in the world around them. What does matter though, is that, even if you hadn't posted that pic, I would be able to tell that from your posts, which are usually interesting, fun, funny, upbeat, engaging, and inclusive.

I am not conventionally pretty, but I am not bad looking either. I am not slim, nor am I extremely heavy. I am very average, or, maybe a little below in today's current standards. I have been this way all my life. Yet, I have never been at a loss for dates or boyfriends. My husband of 23 years is very handsome, always has been. Today, he often gets mistaken for being about 35 years old, even though he's 50. So, good looking people don't always go only for other good looking people. There are decent men out there.

My husband tells me, very sincerely, several times a week, that I am 'beautiful'. And it is in a way that means so much more than how I look. I wouldn't trade it for anything. 

I don't know why I never had trouble in the romance department, but I think it may have to do with the fact that I was taught, at an early age, that my looks were the least important aspect of my total being--and so that confidence and contentment with myself automatically reflected in my personality. People are naturally attracted to true contentment and recoil from insecurity--even unecessary insecurity relating to our physical selves.

I do put an effort into looking my best when it is warranted, but I don't try to make myself more than I am at any given time. What you see is what you get. I get discouraged for women as a whole when I hear about them spending so much time on how they appear to 'men' --or being frustrated, depressed, etc. in trying to be fulfilling to a man's idealized idea of how they should look. Why put so much heartache into something only to attract someone who has such superficial desires? It's crazy. The rest of yourself will only go unfulfilled. 

Sigh....I guess This subject always touches a nerve...I hate to see women disparage themselves so much for the sake of a little false admiration....

CharlotteRose
by Bronze sister on Feb. 11, 2013 at 1:20 PM
2 moms liked this

My ad would read "ONLY REPLY IF YOU HAVE A HEAD OF HAIR and DON"T HAVE A CRAZY EX WIFE"  

cherylam
by Bronze sister on Feb. 11, 2013 at 1:43 PM
1 mom liked this

Some men are idiots.  I got very lucky, mine knew I was fat to begin with, and i have lost weight since we married, but he keeps saying he wants a 'comfortable armful, not a bag of bones'.

pamelax3
by Bronze sister on Feb. 11, 2013 at 1:51 PM
1 mom liked this

My poor SIL is going thru this crap right now, trying to meet someone. She is extremely smart and beautiful, but because she is not shaped like a barbie she gets no responses.. It is really sad and my heart aches for her

Men are such idiots, I hope they realize that age will alter looks after a while

RubyQ
by Gold sister on Feb. 11, 2013 at 2:15 PM
1 mom liked this

Quoting CharlotteRose:

My ad would read "ONLY REPLY IF YOU HAVE A HEAD OF HAIR and DON"T HAVE A CRAZY EX WIFE"  

sidesplittinglaughter

Don't discount the bald guys! There are many very sexy bald men out there. I prefer that to those wearing the ridiculous looking  'stupees'. (toupees) lol.  You know how after you know someone with a tattoo or glasses, you don't even notice these things on them anymore? I think it's kind of like that.

Besides if there's something your subconscious likes about them, hair won't stop you, lol. There's this man I've always had an innocent crush on; he is bald, a teensy pudgy, no where near a ladies man, hahaahaa. But something about him is so sexy--his mind, I guess. He is really well read...other than that, I can't figure it out...

RubyQ
by Gold sister on Feb. 11, 2013 at 2:21 PM
1 mom liked this

Quoting pamelax3:

My poor SIL is going thru this crap right now, trying to meet someone. She is extremely smart and beautiful, but because she is not shaped like a barbie she gets no responses.. It is really sad and my heart aches for her

Men are such idiots, I hope they realize that age will alter looks after a while

I hope she holds out for someone that truly deserves her! If she falters, send her my way--I'll shore up her strength! haahhaahahaaa....cowgirl

CharlotteRose
by Bronze sister on Feb. 11, 2013 at 3:23 PM
2 moms liked this

men are idiots! 

Quoting pamelax3:

lbzmom
by Support Team Sister on Feb. 11, 2013 at 3:33 PM
1 mom liked this

That's a great lesson to teach our kids!!    There are plenty of shallow men and women out there, so we need to teach our kids to respect themselves and find a SO that will respect them back for who they are and not based on looks alone.

Besides, seems like the guys looking for pretty and slim, are looking for a quick fun time and then move on to the next one... what gal wants to mess with that jerk?!?!? lol!! 

sahlady
by It's a jen.thing :) on Feb. 11, 2013 at 3:33 PM
1 mom liked this

sidesplittinglaughter

dana63
by Momma of 40ish on Feb. 11, 2013 at 3:38 PM

I think if a woman placed an ad for her perfect man I wonder how many would actually reply. I mean is there a such thing as perfection when it comes to the human body?

I would like to know is looks and perfect body everything to either gender? Ladies do you look at the outside or the inside of the person? What is your perfect quality?

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)