Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

40ish and beyond... 40ish and beyond...

I've Never Been On A Cruise, But...

Posted by on Feb. 12, 2013 at 8:46 PM
  • 25 Replies
  • 370 Total Views

holy crap, this does not make me want to EVER want to try one!! Have any of you had a successuful/enjoyable cruise?

http://www.nydailynews.com/news/national/fire-carnival-cruise-ship-strands-4-200-article-1.1261258

by on Feb. 12, 2013 at 8:46 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
BL2010
by BL on Feb. 12, 2013 at 8:54 PM
1 mom liked this

I saw this last night and then again tonight on the nightly news. I have never been on a cruise and don't think I would really want to go on one after this story. I always thought Carnival was supposed to be good.

doodlepuss
by Platinum sister on Feb. 12, 2013 at 9:03 PM
1 mom liked this

I'm pretty sure it will be cheaper for the next few months until all of this dies down in people's memory.

manilowgal
by on Feb. 12, 2013 at 9:04 PM
1 mom liked this

I've been on several with my 1st being the worst because we ran into a hurricane. That was nothing based on what's been happening lately. All of mine were fun and enjoyable but not sure i'd consider another one until they quit having these major issues.

wishbearmom
by Ruby sister on Feb. 12, 2013 at 9:06 PM

I'm guessing the 4000+ passengers will be offered a free future cruise, but I'm also doubting that most will actually take them up on the offer!

Quoting doodlepuss:

I'm pretty sure it will be cheaper for the next few months until all of this dies down in people's memory.

cuteoverload
by on Feb. 12, 2013 at 9:11 PM

No I have never been on a cruise.  I am scared of water, too.

rojastarr
by Fang Slayer on Feb. 12, 2013 at 9:15 PM

I have only been on one cruise, it was lovely, the food was amazing. My only problem is that I found out I get sea sick lol.

coolmommy2x
by Silver sister on Feb. 12, 2013 at 9:19 PM
1 mom liked this
I've been on 2 cruises. We had a blast both times. I've also been in a hotel when the smoke alarm went off in the middle of the frigid night and we had to get out. Anything can go wrong, at sea or on land. We're going on another one next year. This won't stop me.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
jmlmomma
by Momma's new BFF on Feb. 12, 2013 at 9:21 PM
1 mom liked this

Yes we went in 08 To the Bahamas 4 nights 5 days..LOVED IT

wishbearmom
by Ruby sister on Feb. 12, 2013 at 9:32 PM

uh oh!!

Quoting rojastarr:

I have only been on one cruise, it was lovely, the food was amazing. My only problem is that I found out I get sea sick lol.

Dqnana
by Sister on Feb. 12, 2013 at 9:32 PM
1 mom liked this

Took my first cruise this fall and saw Alaska.  LOVED it!!  Can't wait to go again.  Are you going to let a misadventure keep you from seeing the world and having an adventure???  when you finally go ... my best advice is to spend the extra money and get a cabin with a balcony.  It is TOTALLY worth it.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN