Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

How romantic is your husband or significant other?? Do you get something for each other on Valentine's Day?

Posted by on Feb. 13, 2013 at 4:29 PM
  • 50 Replies
  • 567 Total Views

My husband is NOT romantic at all.  :(  He is a good guy, don't get me wrong, but lacking in the passion and romance department.  How romantic are your guys?  Do you exchange Valentine's gifts with each other?  I got my dh and 2 grown kids a card and various types of holidayish candy!  And I just did something different this year.  I pre-ordered two heart shaped large pizzas, one regular cheese with pepperoni and the other one white/garlic for my son because he prefers that kind!!  They will be delivered tomorrow night at 7.  I know my hubby will get me a card, but not sure about flowers.  He hasn't done that in a long time because of our relationship problems.  It would be nice if he got a clue though.  lol

happy valentine

by on Feb. 13, 2013 at 4:29 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
LACHESIS
by Rachel in AZ on Feb. 13, 2013 at 4:50 PM
1 mom liked this
He tries to be. I get frutrsred with him spending money :/ not very nice. :(
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
partygal19dani
by Dani <3 on Feb. 13, 2013 at 4:58 PM

Quoting LACHESIS:

He tries to be. I get frutrsred with him spending money :/ not very nice. :(

Well if he gets creative, he could still be romantic without spending alot of cash!!  For instance, buy a single red rose with baby's breath instead of an expensive dozen roses!

cjs702006
by Buddah on Feb. 13, 2013 at 5:04 PM

Mine can be pretty sweet sometimes. Valentines day is also our wedding anniversary, 15 yrs, so I usually get a card at least.

partygal19dani
by Dani <3 on Feb. 13, 2013 at 5:32 PM

Quoting cjs702006:

Mine can be pretty sweet sometimes. Valentines day is also our wedding anniversary, 15 yrs, so I usually get a card at least.

How are you guys doing?  Didn't you just split up recently?

jett286
by BrewMisstress on Feb. 13, 2013 at 5:53 PM
1 mom liked this

Sometiems he is.  We usually play down V day...with just a card.  I always buy him a large box of chocolates.  He is a chocolate LOVER!  but this year we splurged and bought tickets to a Valentines Brewers Dinner at our favorite tap room.  So tomoroow we'll be having a 4 course dinner with a beer to match each course....It'l be fun.

hau_siyoka
by Doll Baby on Feb. 13, 2013 at 5:53 PM
1 mom liked this

Well dang Sis  We have another  commonality! ex was as romantic as a rock!  Prince Charmless without a doubt lmaoooo

mrgetinold
by Gold sister on Feb. 13, 2013 at 5:55 PM
1 mom liked this
Sometimes and sometimes not do i get something for the 14th
Sometimes i go and get me something before hand ( my dh calls this self flowerin)
Sometimes i think its just another day, you knowmade up day for hallmark to make $
Some of the 14th ive spent making nice dinners and desserts and wind up in the bathtub crying
But sometimes dh goes to the grocery store for flowers ( and even rarer i get roses and not themixof ragweed boutique that makes me sneeze) will have to see what comes home tomorrow!
terri-553
by Terri on Feb. 13, 2013 at 5:55 PM

We don;t do Valentine;s,A person should love you everyday not just one day,Mine tells me he loves everyday /he calls when time allows from work,I don;t need/want flowers.My life is good

partygal19dani
by Dani <3 on Feb. 13, 2013 at 6:00 PM

Quoting jett286:

Sometiems he is.  We usually play down V day...with just a card.  I always buy him a large box of chocolates.  He is a chocolate LOVER!  but this year we splurged and bought tickets to a Valentines Brewers Dinner at our favorite tap room.  So tomoroow we'll be having a 4 course dinner with a beer to match each course....It'l be fun.

Sounds real nice........enjoy!!

partygal19dani
by Dani <3 on Feb. 13, 2013 at 6:03 PM

Quoting hau_siyoka:

Well dang Sis  We have another  commonality! ex was as romantic as a rock!  Prince Charmless without a doubt lmaoooo

Oh dear sissy.......you crack me up!!!!  Prince Charmless.......love it!!  hahaha  I had a nickname for an ex of mine, "Prince of Darkness" cause he was a real nutty jerk.  lol 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)