Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

40ish and beyond... 40ish and beyond...

How romantic is your husband or significant other?? Do you get something for each other on Valentine's Day?

Posted by on Feb. 13, 2013 at 4:29 PM
  • 50 Replies
  • 588 Total Views

My husband is NOT romantic at all.  :(  He is a good guy, don't get me wrong, but lacking in the passion and romance department.  How romantic are your guys?  Do you exchange Valentine's gifts with each other?  I got my dh and 2 grown kids a card and various types of holidayish candy!  And I just did something different this year.  I pre-ordered two heart shaped large pizzas, one regular cheese with pepperoni and the other one white/garlic for my son because he prefers that kind!!  They will be delivered tomorrow night at 7.  I know my hubby will get me a card, but not sure about flowers.  He hasn't done that in a long time because of our relationship problems.  It would be nice if he got a clue though.  lol

happy valentine

by on Feb. 13, 2013 at 4:29 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
LACHESIS
by Rachel in AZ on Feb. 13, 2013 at 4:50 PM
1 mom liked this
He tries to be. I get frutrsred with him spending money :/ not very nice. :(
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
partygal19dani
by Dani <3 on Feb. 13, 2013 at 4:58 PM

Quoting LACHESIS:

He tries to be. I get frutrsred with him spending money :/ not very nice. :(

Well if he gets creative, he could still be romantic without spending alot of cash!!  For instance, buy a single red rose with baby's breath instead of an expensive dozen roses!

cjs702006
by Buddah on Feb. 13, 2013 at 5:04 PM

Mine can be pretty sweet sometimes. Valentines day is also our wedding anniversary, 15 yrs, so I usually get a card at least.

partygal19dani
by Dani <3 on Feb. 13, 2013 at 5:32 PM

Quoting cjs702006:

Mine can be pretty sweet sometimes. Valentines day is also our wedding anniversary, 15 yrs, so I usually get a card at least.

How are you guys doing?  Didn't you just split up recently?

jett286
by BrewMisstress on Feb. 13, 2013 at 5:53 PM
1 mom liked this

Sometiems he is.  We usually play down V day...with just a card.  I always buy him a large box of chocolates.  He is a chocolate LOVER!  but this year we splurged and bought tickets to a Valentines Brewers Dinner at our favorite tap room.  So tomoroow we'll be having a 4 course dinner with a beer to match each course....It'l be fun.

hau_siyoka
by Doll Baby on Feb. 13, 2013 at 5:53 PM
1 mom liked this

Well dang Sis  We have another  commonality! ex was as romantic as a rock!  Prince Charmless without a doubt lmaoooo

mrgetinold
by Gold sister on Feb. 13, 2013 at 5:55 PM
1 mom liked this
Sometimes and sometimes not do i get something for the 14th
Sometimes i go and get me something before hand ( my dh calls this self flowerin)
Sometimes i think its just another day, you knowmade up day for hallmark to make $
Some of the 14th ive spent making nice dinners and desserts and wind up in the bathtub crying
But sometimes dh goes to the grocery store for flowers ( and even rarer i get roses and not themixof ragweed boutique that makes me sneeze) will have to see what comes home tomorrow!
terri-553
by Terri on Feb. 13, 2013 at 5:55 PM

We don;t do Valentine;s,A person should love you everyday not just one day,Mine tells me he loves everyday /he calls when time allows from work,I don;t need/want flowers.My life is good

partygal19dani
by Dani <3 on Feb. 13, 2013 at 6:00 PM

Quoting jett286:

Sometiems he is.  We usually play down V day...with just a card.  I always buy him a large box of chocolates.  He is a chocolate LOVER!  but this year we splurged and bought tickets to a Valentines Brewers Dinner at our favorite tap room.  So tomoroow we'll be having a 4 course dinner with a beer to match each course....It'l be fun.

Sounds real nice........enjoy!!

partygal19dani
by Dani <3 on Feb. 13, 2013 at 6:03 PM

Quoting hau_siyoka:

Well dang Sis  We have another  commonality! ex was as romantic as a rock!  Prince Charmless without a doubt lmaoooo

Oh dear sissy.......you crack me up!!!!  Prince Charmless.......love it!!  hahaha  I had a nickname for an ex of mine, "Prince of Darkness" cause he was a real nutty jerk.  lol 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)