Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

40ish and beyond... 40ish and beyond...

Sports Illustrated swimsuit edition.

Posted by on Feb. 14, 2013 at 6:32 PM
  • 10 Replies
  • 279 Total Views

So we got the sports illustrated swimsuit edition today. The cover looks like a playboy cover. Very distasteful. I had to put it where Kevin would not see it. We were planning on not renewing when the subscription comes up, this just solidifies that decision. I'm not against the swimsuit issue, but this cover was not appropriate.

Michelle Jenner
Independent Avon Representative
www.youravon.com/michellejenner
Use code FIRSTREP10 for free shipping when you use the direct delivery option 

Start your own AVON business for $10

www.start.avon.com

Reference code michellejenner

by on Feb. 14, 2013 at 6:32 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
starlight1968
by 40ish hang out queen on Feb. 14, 2013 at 9:40 PM
1 mom liked this

I'm sorry, I actually liked it.  For once they didn't have some skinnyminny toothpick on it, they had a "real" woman.

bethsbunch
by Sister on Feb. 14, 2013 at 10:17 PM

I don't care for it either, but I guess I don't feel that strongly about it.  If I had I would have called and not had them send it to me.   I just think in a matter of fairness they should have scantily clad men as well!

I did hide it from the kids though.

sahlady
by It's a jen.thing :) on Feb. 14, 2013 at 10:52 PM
1 mom liked this

We dont get Sports Illustrated so I dont know what it looks like this year.  But we do get ESPN and I LOVE LOVE LOVE their naked issue.  They have real athletes post butt naked but in very tasteful poses.  I am totally fascinated with the muscles.  It is amazing to see which muscles are defined on which athletes based on their sport.  It is so beautiful!  Last years cover was a woman with one leg.... very tasteful  and all that with just one leg.  I thought it was a beautiful cover!

Bleacheddecay
by Gold Sister -lp on Feb. 15, 2013 at 12:27 PM

I want to see!

I think it's MEAN to have those poor models in swim suits in the SNOW!

Brooklynchic
by on Feb. 15, 2013 at 2:10 PM
I didn't see it yet ..but have seen it in the past and it was fine ...have to check it out !!
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
CharlotteRose
by Bronze sister on Feb. 15, 2013 at 2:59 PM

Yeah, i agree. 

CharlotteRose
by Bronze sister on Feb. 15, 2013 at 3:02 PM

and so is the commerical w/her eating a fish sandwich - where are the HAWT guys w/a six pack for us to drool over? 

arthistmom
by on Feb. 15, 2013 at 3:40 PM

How is this year's cover any more distasteful than last year's or the year before that? They all show a scantily clad woman on the cover. 

SeanandNoahsmom
by Manning Fan on Feb. 15, 2013 at 4:01 PM

Yeah, bring on the scantily clad men!! Then I might be even tempted to look at the cover. Unless it is featuring the NFL, I don't buy it.

Quoting bethsbunch:

I don't care for it either, but I guess I don't feel that strongly about it.  If I had I would have called and not had them send it to me.   I just think in a matter of fairness they should have scantily clad men as well!

I did hide it from the kids though.

Dawn
michellejenner
by Bronze sister on Feb. 15, 2013 at 4:09 PM

The models breasts were more exposed. Last years was bad but I wouldn't so slider it as bad as this one. I know we had the option to decline it but I didn't know it would be such a revealing cover.

Quoting arthistmom:

How is this year's cover any more distasteful than last year's or the year before that? They all show a scantily clad woman on the cover. 

Michelle Jenner
Independent Avon Representative
www.youravon.com/michellejenner
Use code FIRSTREP10 for free shipping when you use the direct delivery option 

Start your own AVON business for $10

www.start.avon.com

Reference code michellejenner

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN