Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

40ish and beyond... 40ish and beyond...

Can you kill a spider just by squishing it with a tissue?

Posted by on Feb. 16, 2013 at 5:41 AM
  • 67 Replies
  • 709 Total Views
Do you dare to kill a spider just with a kleenex/paper? Don't you hate that crunching?
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Feb. 16, 2013 at 5:41 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
dana63
by Momma of 40ish on Feb. 16, 2013 at 7:16 AM

I take my shoe and kill it.. I hate spiders!!!

SoKamele
by Sister on Feb. 16, 2013 at 7:26 AM
1 mom liked this

I just scream........and hubby comes running.

Hate spiders!!!!!!!

finlyhappy65
by on Feb. 16, 2013 at 8:20 AM

I use a shoe.  I was at work one day and saw this odd liooking spider in the breakroom, had one of the electrician's kill it and alllllll these little babies that were on her back took off in every direction so I would NEVER use a tissue - feet stomping it is!

MNmomto2
by Gold sister on Feb. 16, 2013 at 8:38 AM

O man, just reading that creeps me out. Everyone knows i'm paranoid of spiders. We have wood spiders at the lake and they are nasty looking and get big. I buy spider spray and spray the rooms. If DH or anyone else isn't around to kill it, I get my spray. 

Quoting finlyhappy65:

I use a shoe.  I was at work one day and saw this odd liooking spider in the breakroom, had one of the electrician's kill it and alllllll these little babies that were on her back took off in every direction so I would NEVER use a tissue - feet stomping it is!

finlyhappy65
by on Feb. 16, 2013 at 9:18 AM

What are wood spiders?  We have those creepy wolf spiders (Look like small tarantulas - blech)...Let's say I was on the table in no time flat when the babies scattered and so was the electrician LOL

Quoting MNmomto2:

O man, just reading that creeps me out. Everyone knows i'm paranoid of spiders. We have wood spiders at the lake and they are nasty looking and get big. I buy spider spray and spray the rooms. If DH or anyone else isn't around to kill it, I get my spray. 

Quoting finlyhappy65:

keljo05
by Kelly on Feb. 16, 2013 at 9:20 AM
1 mom liked this

I can't.. or bees.. but my husband could.. really miss having him here when there's a bug, lol

Dora-rulz
by Sister on Feb. 16, 2013 at 9:36 AM
I hate spiders but if I have to I kill them. Shoe is preferable but will use whatever handy. Wish dh was around more often to take care of it for me but he works 60+ hrs/wk.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
MNmomto2
by Gold sister on Feb. 16, 2013 at 9:41 AM

After doing some searching. (which i'm totally creeped out now,lol) I believe it's wolf spiders, not wood. The guy's alway's called it a wood spider. In the woodshed (which i'll never go in) had a huge one. Even my big bad BIL was freaked out about it. LOL.   My poor daughter was going to the bathroom and saw one crawling. It was huge. Poor thing came running out of the bathroom crying and stumbling. I grabbed a towel and started stomping on it.( didn't have time to grab the spray it was downstairs) With the legs spread out it was half the size of my hand.  In the fall the markets sell these green ball things. Not sure what they are called. I bought a couple not sure if they worked. Had a couple small spiders in the house. 

Quoting finlyhappy65:

What are wood spiders?  We have those creepy wolf spiders (Look like small tarantulas - blech)...Let's say I was on the table in no time flat when the babies scattered and so was the electrician LOL

Quoting MNmomto2:

Quoting finlyhappy65:

joyfullem
by on Feb. 16, 2013 at 9:44 AM

THIS!  I do not kill spiders, about 5 years ago I had this spider that I hit with a shoe and it looked like it was dead so I walked away when I came back it was up walking again so I tried again same thing it looked squashed and then started running and I lost it! I guess I was paranoied it would come back and get me so I left and never again do I kill spiders!

Quoting SoKamele:

I just scream........and hubby comes running.

Hate spiders!!!!!!!

gonecrazi
by Lucky :) on Feb. 16, 2013 at 9:45 AM
1 mom liked this

I don't get that close to them. I get ds or dh.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)