Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

40ish and beyond... 40ish and beyond...

Starbucks drinkers

Posted by on Feb. 16, 2013 at 12:28 PM
  • 20 Replies
  • 355 Total Views
1 mom liked this

I have this "addiction" to Starbucks coffee, but of course going there everyday is pricey. Yet every time I go, no matter what time, all the locations are always doing a brisk business; and drive thru lines are long.

I have been experimenting with different brands and ingredients at home, even Starbucks brand name coffee, to come close.
What do you find is the next best thing, without having to go out?
Dawn
by on Feb. 16, 2013 at 12:28 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
SeanandNoahsmom
by Manning Fan on Feb. 16, 2013 at 12:29 PM

Sorry about the bolder, different fonts; my computer randomly does this and I cant figure it out.

GoddessJohnnie
by Goddess Johnnie on Feb. 16, 2013 at 12:54 PM
1 mom liked this
I LOVE coffee and enjoy my Starbucks, but like you, cant affird ti indiulge lften. At home I drink dark roast coffee from freshly ground beans - usually a dark roast bean like Sumatra that I get at Costco.

I really do think that good, freshly ground beans make all the different between bad and great coffee.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
witch_e_woman
by The Witch of 40ish on Feb. 16, 2013 at 2:08 PM

Im not going to spend the money on coffee at these big chains like starbucks. I like my coffee the way I make it, no one else can make it for me except me, lol.

sahlady
by It's a jen.thing :) on Feb. 16, 2013 at 2:34 PM
2 moms liked this

I like my store brand vanilla coffee.  I dont add sweetener to my coffee but like the vanilla flavor, or the hazel nut. 

I HATE dunken donuts coffee - yuck!

KW1280
by Silver sister on Feb. 16, 2013 at 2:36 PM
2 moms liked this

folgers black silk and then I add caramel flavor and half and half or international coffee(?) have ice coffee

SeanandNoahsmom
by Manning Fan on Feb. 16, 2013 at 2:57 PM

Quoting witch_e_woman:

Im not going to spend the money on coffee at these big chains like starbucks. I like my coffee the way I make it, no one else can make it for me except me, lol.

Would you care to share your recipe??

Dawn
SeanandNoahsmom
by Manning Fan on Feb. 16, 2013 at 3:02 PM

Quoting GoddessJohnnie:

I LOVE coffee and enjoy my Starbucks, but like you, cant affird ti indiulge lften. At home I drink dark roast coffee from freshly ground beans - usually a dark roast bean like Sumatra that I get at Costco.

I really do think that good, freshly ground beans make all the different between bad and great coffee.

Do you by the beans you grind in the store, or at home?

I love a dark roast as well; right now I have Folgers Gourmet Dark roast / mocha swirl; not impressed. Maybe I'll try Sumatra :)

Dawn
hau_siyoka
Sophia curly bangs lol
Yesterday at 11:23 PM
by Doll Baby on Feb. 16, 2013 at 3:53 PM

I  buy regular coffee in a can and let Mr. Coffee make me happy lol

ATL958
by Sister on Feb. 16, 2013 at 6:15 PM
I too like Starbucks, but hate spending the money.

This is exactly why about 6 years ago I bought a Barista espresso machine...so I can make my own lattes. It has paid for itself, multiple times over. **must use espresso roast for the lattes.

My favorite brand of brew at home coffee is Peet's. It is pricey though, so I wait for it to go on sale at Publix.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
dana63
by Momma of 40ish on Feb. 16, 2013 at 6:39 PM

I am like Wanda and allow Mr Coffee to work his magic in the mornings when I drink my coffee. I make my own creamiers and I have gone and looked at the copy cat sites and get an idea and then make my own...

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)