Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

40ish and beyond... 40ish and beyond...

beyond livid

Posted by on Feb. 16, 2013 at 4:57 PM
  • 11 Replies
  • 386 Total Views
Warning venting to follow- well sils dh called again this week on buying my in laws house, my in laws still live there ( but my mil isnt doing well) well my sils dd who is 25 and has lived with my in laws for 3 yrs is moving out next week ( and is gonna move her bf in, he beats the frap out of her and has no job,) well my sil hasnt talked to my fil on any of this house sell, i guess she cant deal with it, but she and her dh have talked to my other sil and her dh( they live in another state and moved there about 3 months ago and her dh just lost his job) well sil that is here has a tiny townhouse and just adopted her grandson ( now her son) he will be 4 and they need more room so they are wanting to buy it now wait for grandma to die and move in ( i guess they are thinking my fil will go get a apartment, this man has a fish pond and a garage that he loves to tinker in and is still in pretty good help) well silsdh #3 claims my fil is tired of upkeep ( at 76, he maybe but he hasnt said anything like that to my dh or fils friends, my dh went to talk to them)
I cant believe my sil letting her dh do all this, it isnt his place to do, they dont seem to be talking much to my fil in all of this, and my dhs sisters have already decided to have the money split 3 ways ( siblings ) my dhtold his dad today that my fil may need that money ( if the house was sold) so he wont be agreeing to it at all, i just cant believe family plans all this out without thinking of the big picture just what is best for themselves,
Sorry for this rant i m trying to be supportive of my dh ( and not be a witchy thing over what his sisters are doing, he dontneed to hear it) i d really like to go over there and tell them both what i think of them, no it wouldnt do any good anyway! So glad my dh is looking out for his dad ( yep i told him) my dh saw what two of my 3 sisters did after i lost my mom ( and he was supportive of me) i m trying to return that and it has been So hard! Thank you all for listening and hugs
by on Feb. 16, 2013 at 4:57 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
dana63
by Momma of 40ish on Feb. 16, 2013 at 5:25 PM

Bump so I can read when I get back from the store and running to moms... Hugs

angduse1
by bouncyDuse on Feb. 16, 2013 at 5:26 PM
2 moms liked this

Family can be so terrible when it comes to money and greed..

I learned this when my Grandmother passed and how

many vultures were there waiting.. poeple who never

came around before,, were all the sudden there to watch her

die of cancer.. My Grandma was wise and forsaw this..

she set up her will... made me Executor and taught them all a 

lesson.. lots more went on too much to explain.. and it cost my

Brother lots.. and he was the good guy.. but foolish one

all and all. I guess it is good... I take care of my Dad.. the Way

Grams wanted and I don't let the Greedy Drama queens back in

Have your FIL take steps now ... Don't wait.. They will eat you 

alive if they cann.. drive your husband nuts.. I feeel for your..

sorry but this is true.. SORRY.. 

rojastarr
by Fang Slayer on Feb. 16, 2013 at 6:03 PM

This is unbelievable...first...does your FIL want to sell and if he does he will need that money for housing, medical expenses since his health could deteriorate etc. The only word that comes to mind is vultures and I am glad that your husband is watching out for his dad.

starlight1968
by 40ish hang out queen on Feb. 16, 2013 at 8:19 PM

HUGS

crazynut
by Bronze sister on Feb. 16, 2013 at 9:14 PM

ah I have been there.. we finally had to just let things go. We sold out, told everyone good luck they can fight over everything and we packed up and left.. My dh siblings are still fighting over there moms stuff and she is still alive.. I didnt not want my kids involved in that so we left. When my fil passed away he had given my ds 2 head of hiefers, a gun and a college fund. My dh siblings sued my son for it all.. instead of fighting we gave it all to them.. all but the gun... I finally got tired of my dh and ds taking of grandma and doing all her farm work for her and getting nothing.. so we moved away.. MIL has lost her farm, due to her other lazy children. BUT they all still want her money... Glad we are not part of htat..

My family!!

angduse1
by bouncyDuse on Feb. 17, 2013 at 2:06 PM

That is horrible.. I have been there too... Thank God Grandma saw this

coming.. she did a Estate Living with me as Executor and myself and 

my brothers as owners.. my Dad gets to live there the rest of his life

the Evil Ex Wife got nothing .. Grandma knew that if she put Dad in charge

she would trick him and she would get everything in a divorce and leave him

high and dry... (My Dad can't read or write).... My Grandma won.. but at a

great cost.. my one brother was a weaker link.. the EX step saw this and she 

found her way .. to trick and goat him.. needless to say he is in jail now

I think you did the right thing.. not worth it.. I miss my brother.. he was the one who always worked the farm...me and the other two helped but not 

like him...

BUT if you could have seen the Evil EX Step.. Livid she was.. she knew she

would get nothing.. she sreamed "if I can't have it NO one will".. well she 

tried.. but did not succeed... for the most part.. still I wonder if what Grandma told me once would have been better..

That she should have kept her other little two acres and sold the farm..

My Grandma hugged me one time and said.. you have a long road ahead 

of you.. I did not know what she meant I do now..

Once she was diagnosed with cancer the following year.. I knew all too well

the vultures swarmed and tried to even be her caregiver.... My Grandma

already had me in place... I didnot know the extent people like my step

mom would take.. OOPS EVIL EX Step.. would take.. but I do now

she had help.. other family members that were not in the Will.. thought they

should be band against us and helped... it was ugly.

Yes I think you did the right thing.. wish I could have.. had to protect my Dad

Quoting crazynut:

ah I have been there.. we finally had to just let things go. We sold out, told everyone good luck they can fight over everything and we packed up and left.. My dh siblings are still fighting over there moms stuff and she is still alive.. I didnt not want my kids involved in that so we left. When my fil passed away he had given my ds 2 head of hiefers, a gun and a college fund. My dh siblings sued my son for it all.. instead of fighting we gave it all to them.. all but the gun... I finally got tired of my dh and ds taking of grandma and doing all her farm work for her and getting nothing.. so we moved away.. MIL has lost her farm, due to her other lazy children. BUT they all still want her money... Glad we are not part of htat..

firelites
by Anne on Feb. 17, 2013 at 2:50 PM

I also have inlaws like this

angduse1
by bouncyDuse on Feb. 17, 2013 at 3:07 PM

Oh My Goodness.. I think I see her.. she's the one on the Left.. rolling on floor

Thank you..I needed that...

this nearly drove me Crazy.. I did not know people were like 

this..until my Grandma was diagnosed

. My Dad, Brother's and I did not even get to grieve my Grandma's death

they were poncing and diving even before the funeral..... I just can't believe it

still today.. I sure would not like to be them when they Go to Meet Our Maker..

I wonder do people think of this when they act this way.. I sure do.. I would 

never treat another human being this way.. I know what God would have 

for me once I get there.. and If has nothing to do with the money and greed 

they want now.. Good Grief..... 

Quoting firelites:

I also have inlaws like this

crazynut
by Bronze sister on Feb. 17, 2013 at 3:31 PM

i think i did my kids an injustic... packing them up and moving them away from the farm... honestly farm life is the best life... I was just to selfish and couldnt handle the drama..but watching my dh and ds work there butts off on the farm and get nothing was driving me nuts... my dh worked a day job putting in over 10 hours and then would come yhome and work the farm for 4 to 5 hours... they only thing he got...was  his sibling wanting what his dad left our ds,,, and his mom was ok with the other siblings taking her grandson to court over in my opinion... chicken feed!!! Money brings out the worst in people.. specially people who think they are entitled..

Quoting angduse1:

That is horrible.. I have been there too... Thank God Grandma saw this

coming.. she did a Estate Living with me as Executor and myself and 

my brothers as owners.. my Dad gets to live there the rest of his life

the Evil Ex Wife got nothing .. Grandma knew that if she put Dad in charge

she would trick him and she would get everything in a divorce and leave him

high and dry... (My Dad can't read or write).... My Grandma won.. but at a

great cost.. my one brother was a weaker link.. the EX step saw this and she 

found her way .. to trick and goat him.. needless to say he is in jail now

I think you did the right thing.. not worth it.. I miss my brother.. he was the one who always worked the farm...me and the other two helped but not 

like him...

BUT if you could have seen the Evil EX Step.. Livid she was.. she knew she

would get nothing.. she sreamed "if I can't have it NO one will".. well she 

tried.. but did not succeed... for the most part.. still I wonder if what Grandma told me once would have been better..

That she should have kept her other little two acres and sold the farm..

My Grandma hugged me one time and said.. you have a long road ahead 

of you.. I did not know what she meant I do now..

Once she was diagnosed with cancer the following year.. I knew all too well

the vultures swarmed and tried to even be her caregiver.... My Grandma

already had me in place... I didnot know the extent people like my step

mom would take.. OOPS EVIL EX Step.. would take.. but I do now

she had help.. other family members that were not in the Will.. thought they

should be band against us and helped... it was ugly.

Yes I think you did the right thing.. wish I could have.. had to protect my Dad

Quoting crazynut:

My family!!

SoKamele
by Sister on Feb. 17, 2013 at 3:41 PM

I just don't understand all the fighting when the person isn't even dead yet.

I see this coming when my mil dies...(she rents an apt from us..above our garage)...she's already told me what her daughters get...and then we are to lock the door and not let anyone in......and yes we will be paying for the funeral....just like we did with fil.

and not even a thank you.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)