Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

40ish and beyond... 40ish and beyond...

Cooktop Stove...How do you like it?

Posted by on Feb. 17, 2013 at 4:23 PM
  • 9 Replies
  • 209 Total Views
1 mom liked this

I'll be getting a new stove in a few days.  Thinking about the cooktop style.  If you have one what size burners do you have?  Do you wish you would have gotten something different?  I'm looking at one with the one burner with 3 sizes, a 6 in. one and two 8 in. ones.  The other one I'm looking at has the burner with 3 different sizes, two 6 in. burners, and a 10 in. burner.  My cookware has from 5 1/2 to 9 in bottom surfaces on them.  Also, are the tops of these types of stoves hard to keep clean? Any thoughts would be appreciated.

by on Feb. 17, 2013 at 4:23 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-9):
PinkButterfly66
by Sister on Feb. 17, 2013 at 4:27 PM

I have a GE Profile glass top stove/oven with 2 ovens and one of them is a convection oven.  I really like its versatility.  One side of the stove has two burners plus a middle portion so you can put a rectangular griddle.  Another burner is customsizable 6, 9 or 12".  There is also a warming burner.  

atlmom2
by Susie on Feb. 17, 2013 at 6:05 PM
I like them.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
gonecrazi
by Lucky :) on Feb. 17, 2013 at 6:31 PM

I have a cooktop and I love it. Just don't forget to get the stuff to clean it with.

Bleacheddecay
by Gold Sister -lp on Feb. 17, 2013 at 6:50 PM
1 mom liked this

I don't like them. I had one in my old house and sometimes on trips in houses we rent. They take a loooong time to heat up and an even longer time to cool down. I prefer to cook with gas.

daisybelle1960
by on Feb. 17, 2013 at 7:01 PM

Mine is a Kenmore. It has the convection option for the oven. The top isn't hard to keep clean, if you clean it regularly, and don't let stuff build up on it. You just need a razor and a bottle of the cleaning solution. Mine has two big burners and two larger ones, and a warming one. The larger ones have the option to make them fit a small pan or a large one. That's pretty neat! I think you will like you glass top!

Angelfaces
by Sister on Feb. 17, 2013 at 7:06 PM
1 mom liked this

I prefer gas also, but I don't have a choice.

Quoting Bleacheddecay:

I don't like them. I had one in my old house and sometimes on trips in houses we rent. They take a loooong time to heat up and an even longer time to cool down. I prefer to cook with gas.

rojastarr
by Fang Slayer on Feb. 17, 2013 at 7:32 PM

I am a stove snob and love my gas.....but it definitely personal preference. If you have tried them and like them then go for it.

Angelfaces
by Sister on Feb. 17, 2013 at 7:38 PM

I've never had one.  The stove we have now is your basic 23 year old electric stove complete with rusted drip pans.  No chance of converting to gas :(

Quoting rojastarr:

I am a stove snob and love my gas.....but it definitely personal preference. If you have tried them and like them then go for it.

rojastarr
by Fang Slayer on Feb. 17, 2013 at 7:56 PM

OK so the cooktop will definitely be an improvement and easier to keep cleanthan the electric monster. I hope that you love it.

Quoting Angelfaces:

I've never had one.  The stove we have now is your basic 23 year old electric stove complete with rusted drip pans.  No chance of converting to gas :(

Quoting rojastarr:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)