Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

40ish and beyond... 40ish and beyond...

Hello ladies! I have a challenging question for you (refers to birth but no bad language) :-)

Posted by on Feb. 18, 2013 at 12:29 AM
  • 15 Replies
  • 274 Total Views

Ok, say you've been designated as the "Photographer" at your grandson's birth, which is fan-flippin-tastic with you! lol You can't get there fast enough!! (It's not 'til May)

HOWEVER...you are flat-out FORBIDDEN to get any 'hoo-ha' shots!

What would you take pictures of?

by on Feb. 18, 2013 at 12:29 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
opinionatedmom
by Gold sister on Feb. 18, 2013 at 4:37 AM

wow no clue

TableforSeven
by Bronze sister on Feb. 18, 2013 at 5:46 AM
From the mother's point of view.
Looking toward the doctor (or whoever is 'catching' the baby).
Shots of baby from above.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
dana63
by Momma of 40ish on Feb. 18, 2013 at 5:50 AM
1 mom liked this

I took pictures when my DD was in the hospital and what I did was took before my GD birth, machines and mom and dad and then the nurses and doctor coming in. I also took pictures from moms head and as they pulled baby girl out and then I would take pictures of family recations and of course a million pictures afterwards and one with doctor and family holding baby.

Have fun grandma and you will do great pictures!! :)

jmlmomma
by Momma's new BFF on Feb. 18, 2013 at 7:54 AM

as stated above... Good Luck! and CONGRATS

BL2010
by BL on Feb. 18, 2013 at 8:25 AM

The birthing room, mom, dad, the doctor and nurses, etc.

RubyQ
by Gold sister on Feb. 18, 2013 at 9:15 AM

Do they want footage of the baby as it's being born or directly after? You can shoot from an angle at the top of the bed--behind the mother's head--for some of it, couldn't you?

Maybe think up some interesting , fun questions for the rest of the time. I would be curious to see what the answers would be from a woman going through childbirth! lol.

Brown79
by on Feb. 18, 2013 at 10:03 AM
You can get shots from moms hip area looking at the doctor & down ... This way you get the baby and cord and the doc doing his job... Then move around when they give baby to patents... Just start clicking away & and pics you get will be amazing... You can get pics of the birth without whoohaa shots! Congrats! My baby will be a year old in may. The one thug I wish I got a pic of was my baby & my ob
Mariagma3
by Wild Midwest Lady on Feb. 18, 2013 at 10:03 AM

When Brittney had Anthony, it was like 1am. But, while we were all at the hospital, we just took pics of Ryan and her during labor, as she was induced. We took all our pics the next day. It was a ball! Enjoy! grandma

Brown79
by on Feb. 18, 2013 at 10:06 AM
Sorry ... I had been seeing her for almost 20 years & she was the main doc I saw when I was prego. It makes me a little sad that she had such a special part in this journey & I didn't get a pic of it. You can also come up with a list of shots mom wants so nothing is missed.
cuteoverload
by on Feb. 18, 2013 at 10:11 AM

Oh What a fun event.  Maybe in labor right before the birth, cutting the cord, handing the baby to mom, then grandparents.  Oh what a great event!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)