Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

40ish and beyond... 40ish and beyond...

Hello to my 40+ sisters

Posted by on Feb. 20, 2013 at 4:43 PM
  • 48 Replies
  • 445 Total Views
1 mom liked this

Just joined and wanted to introduce myself.  I'm relatively new to chatting online to begin with, only about 18 or so months and brand new to cafemom.  I haven't read any of the other intros here so I don't know how much exact personal info is given in relation to actual name.  I did read on the section about joining this group that it is private but that there is one part that isn't, so if anyone can help me understand how that works, I would appreciate the help.

My screen name is SunRei17 which in itself actually gives some personal info :)

I live in the western part of the US and grew up in a large family.  I had my 1st child, a son, when I was a teenager.  I married (not my 1st born dad) and had my oldest daughter when my son was 2 1/2.  A year later I had another son who died 3 days later while he and I were both still in the hospital.  A year later I had another daughter and 4 years after that I had my youngest son.

I was a divorced mom who ended up raising my children w/o any financial help from my ex from the time my youngest of 4 kids was 2 yrs and my oldest was 12.  I do clerical/secretarial work and am involved with political actions that involve the line of work I am employed by.

After my divorce, I was married (common-law with a ceremony) to a wonderful man for 7 years but he died of a heart attack the day after my second child graduated from high school.

My "nest" became empty just a couple of years ago and am rediscovering myself with all of the extra time I now have.  I am in a relationship with a wodower who also has 4 adult kids.  I thought dealing with my adult step kids was the most difficult thing I ever had to deal with.  I thought.

Unfortunately, the most difficult thing ever was and is the death of my youngest son who died in a car accident just a little over a year ago.  He was 21 years old and the grief is still very raw.  My son lived his life knowing he was loved and he in return loved back.  He had a packed church at his services and my favorite thing lately has been discovering pictures of my son that I've never seen before or hearing stories about him from his friends. 

This loss has been not just mine, but his friends and of course my other children's.  This last year I have been worrying about them and come to realize that they have been worrying about me.

So that brings me to where I am now.  I promised my kids that I would get out more and just live.

That's pretty much all for now.  Thank you for adding me to this group.  I look forward to cyber meet my 40ish and above sisters and getting to know all of you!

by on Feb. 20, 2013 at 4:43 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
dana63
by Momma of 40ish on Feb. 20, 2013 at 4:46 PM

Welcome to the sisterhood!!

cuteoverload
by on Feb. 20, 2013 at 4:52 PM

Welcome Sorry about your loss Hugs to you and may many more positive doors open for you.

SunRei17
by Sister on Feb. 20, 2013 at 5:04 PM

Thank you Dana. I'm reading through other members post right now.  So far sounds like a great group of women!

SunRei17
by Sister on Feb. 20, 2013 at 5:06 PM

Thank you cute.  I know there are many doors to be opened and I just need to allow myself to walk through. 

Mariagma3
by Wild Midwest Lady on Feb. 20, 2013 at 5:26 PM

Hello, and welcome!

maryg38
by Sweet Mary <3 on Feb. 20, 2013 at 5:31 PM
Welcome to the group!
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
looneymom424
by on Feb. 20, 2013 at 5:38 PM

Welcome to the group I am Regina I have 3 adult kids and 2 grandbabies and one on the way.  I have a stepdaughter also.  I have been happily married for 25 years.

Sorry for your loss I know about how it can be the neighbors lost their 19 year old youngest child 2 years ago.  They never recovered really.  

Hope to get to know you better..

1squishysmom
by Silver sister on Feb. 20, 2013 at 8:42 PM

Welcome! You are going to LOVE it here!

lovegrandbaby
by Bronze sister on Feb. 20, 2013 at 9:03 PM

Glad you could join us.  This is a terrific group of ladies.  Very supportive.  Hope to see u around often

LAXmom21
by Bronze sister on Feb. 20, 2013 at 9:05 PM
Welcome and I am so sorry for your losses. Hugs and support are plentiful here in this group!!!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)