Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

40ish and beyond... 40ish and beyond...

Just dropping by...

Posted by on Feb. 20, 2013 at 5:35 PM
  • 12 Replies
  • 159 Total Views

to say I miss it here. It's been a crazy, crazy year. We've moved twice and am still looking for a job. Two parking tickets (I know...my fault) and another ticket for a rolling stop at a stop sign (also my fault).  CPS following me around because my DD17 boots stink (DD fault for wearing them without socks like I told her not to do or they would smell but why would she listen to me?). Not enough money on UI to cover rent, food and utilities so now have to get help from HEAP.

BUT...we are still better off than we were a year ago, so things are getting better even if they are going slowly.  

Now that I've meantioned the tough things, I think I'll list 5 "happy" things besides my fabulous friends, wonderful family and the roof over our heads that I'm always thankful for.

1. It's after 5 and it's not dark yet

2. The library has free internet

3. Aldi (my new favorite grocery store)

4. Meat (yes meat. Not meaning to offend any non-meat eating CM'ers but when you're used to having something and then you don't for a long time, well.... )

5. Cheap movie rentals. Just can't beat .50 cents for five nights. Yes they're older movies but they are good and DD has discovered that just because a movie isn't new doesn't mean it isn't good. Dirty Dancing has become one of her favorites as well as Labrinth liking them as much as she likes Twilight.

That's all for now. Sorry so long, but I have a lot of time to make up for. Thanks for reading and hope to be back soon.

by on Feb. 20, 2013 at 5:35 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Mariagma3
by Wild Midwest Lady on Feb. 20, 2013 at 5:45 PM

Hey! Good to see you again!

maryg38
by Sweet Mary <3 on Feb. 20, 2013 at 5:51 PM
Hey!!! MissVickey!!! So glad you popped in to see us! Glad you are doing well... Hugs until you pop back in
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
bahamamama61
by Sister on Feb. 20, 2013 at 5:59 PM
Hello:)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
missvickey
by Bronze sister on Feb. 20, 2013 at 6:33 PM

Thank you lovely ladies for the warm welcome back. It's time for me to get going today but I hope to be back again real soon.

gonecrazi
by Lucky :) on Feb. 20, 2013 at 6:37 PM

Glad to here from you...

RubyQ
by Gold sister on Feb. 20, 2013 at 6:38 PM

You forgot one more happy thing....You managed to keep your positive attitude! It's no wonder you're better off than a year ago!clapping

dana63
by Momma of 40ish on Feb. 20, 2013 at 7:48 PM

Great seeing you again!! Things will look up for you.. Hugs

Brooklynchic
by on Feb. 20, 2013 at 8:12 PM

Hey miss Vicky. Good to see you

SeanandNoahsmom
by Manning Fan on Feb. 20, 2013 at 8:27 PM

Hello again! You have such a great attitude; able to see all the good you have in your life, in the face of adversity.

I have to ask; seriously, CPS has nothing better to do than bother you over your 17 year old child's boots??? Unbelievable!

my2sweetjoys
by Kay on Feb. 20, 2013 at 10:36 PM

So glad you checked in with us!

I love them old moviespopcorn

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)