Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

40ish and beyond... 40ish and beyond...

Stressing

Posted by on Feb. 20, 2013 at 6:58 PM
  • 10 Replies
  • 165 Total Views

Back in Dec, I was let go from my job. I, getting unemployment but its about $$100 a week less than what I was bringing home. I'm not complaining. I've been applying for jobs and nothing. Today I applied for a part time merchandising job. They called but its 6 hours a week. I'm also looking to possibly go back to school for some sort of medical training. Just so much beaurocracy with waiting to get approved and see if I qualify for the state to pay.

i was venting a bit to my husband and e showed no empathy for me. I think he's mad at me because I was fired. I'm trying the best I can. There are certain jobs I wo t apply for. I do have standards and some just do t pay very well.

So I'm really stressed right now.

Michelle Jenner
Independent Avon Representative
www.youravon.com/michellejenner
Use code FIRSTREP10 for free shipping when you use the direct delivery option 

Start your own AVON business for $10

www.start.avon.com

Reference code michellejenner

by on Feb. 20, 2013 at 6:58 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
cjcharlie1959
by Dungeon Queen on Feb. 20, 2013 at 7:27 PM

Hugs, Loves and prayers and I hope things get better for you and you're able to get a job soon or be able to go to school.

dana63
by Momma of 40ish on Feb. 20, 2013 at 7:29 PM

I hope something opens up for you soon! Going back to school was the best thing for me... Hugs

my2sweetjoys
by Kay on Feb. 20, 2013 at 10:39 PM

I go to school online and it is very helpful in knowing in a couple of years I can make a better income to help my family.I was tired of being told I was underqualified for jobs other than food service which is fine but I wanted a change.I worked 12 plus hour days and never got to see my family but I want to finish school so I am at home with them.

Sending hugs

michellejenner
by Bronze sister on Feb. 21, 2013 at 12:06 AM

I keep thinking that they aren't going to approve me for training due to our income. I do t know why I'm thinking this. It's also a bad week. Last Monday was the 4th anniversary of my moms passing. I just hate being in limbo. It seems that's its taking too long to get results. 

jmlmomma
by Momma's new BFF on Feb. 21, 2013 at 8:03 AM

sounds like you have a lot on your plate and your husband is refusing to see it... HUGS... I hope it works out for you really soon.

michellejenner
by Bronze sister on Feb. 21, 2013 at 8:06 AM

Thx. I'm feeling much better today.

Michelle Jenner
Independent Avon Representative
www.youravon.com/michellejenner
Use code FIRSTREP10 for free shipping when you use the direct delivery option 

Start your own AVON business for $10

www.start.avon.com

Reference code michellejenner

michellejenner
by Bronze sister on Feb. 25, 2013 at 3:54 PM

I feel better today. I was approved for the training. Now I have to go take a test on Thursday morning to see if I have basic math and reading skills. I was really stressed and kept thinking I wasn't going to be because our income is too high.  One step at a time!

wishbearmom
by Ruby sister on Feb. 25, 2013 at 4:02 PM

((HUGS!!)) I hope you are able to find a job that makes you happy soon! Best of luck to you!

michellejenner
by Bronze sister on Feb. 25, 2013 at 4:19 PM

I want to go for dialysis tech. It's a pretty selective career. And I do t believe there are many that do this. There are facilities here as we have a very large senior population. I know it's not LI tied to older people. E en if I can't get that program, the medical field is in demand. So there are jobs out there.

missvickey
by Bronze sister on Feb. 25, 2013 at 5:10 PM

Keep your chin up, something will come along.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)