Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

40ish and beyond... 40ish and beyond...

Drew Peterson was sentenced to 38 years

Posted by on Feb. 22, 2013 at 6:41 AM
  • 27 Replies
  • 331 Total Views
1 mom liked this

For the death of his wife.

The judge did take in consideration that he was in the Military and a police officer. I am sorry but he had what 2 wives that was killed (one disappeared and never found) and he gets 38 years because of his past experience with law enforcement and Military?

Thoughts on this? Is it a fair sentencing?

by on Feb. 22, 2013 at 6:41 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
GOBryan
by Bronze sister on Feb. 22, 2013 at 7:54 AM
1 mom liked this

Being an ex cop can cause him serious problems in prison. He just has to come across an inmate he arrested and he's dead meat. I wouldn't worry about it. They convicted him and his life is pretty much over. Even if he gets out, what's he gonna do? He'll be a convicted felon. Those are worse than 3rd class citizens. No one will even hire him. 

jmlmomma
by Momma's new BFF on Feb. 22, 2013 at 7:57 AM

Yes I agree with GoBryan...but I also feel his past services has nothing to do with his future punishments for what he did... I don't understand why it's a factor.

wishbearmom
by Ruby sister on Feb. 22, 2013 at 8:15 AM
4 moms liked this

He should have been given two consecutive life sentences in my opinion.

secondcup5
by Proud Canuck on Feb. 22, 2013 at 8:19 AM
1 mom liked this

He should never see the light of day again, as far as I am concerned...........2 wives dead and 1 disappeared, what exactly is that saying about the value of human life?

BL2010
by Just Me on Feb. 22, 2013 at 8:33 AM

UGH... don't get me started... This bastard gets away will killing his wives and all he gets is 38 years!!!! WTF.... He should get the death penalty!

Mariagma3
by Wild Midwest Lady on Feb. 22, 2013 at 8:59 AM
2 moms liked this

It's fair enough. This man is a POS! His 2 wives are both dead, he deserves this or more!! BYE! He is a disgrace to Illinois!

GOBryan
by Bronze sister on Feb. 22, 2013 at 9:21 AM

I think what they consider is the effect that his past employments may have caused as well as the service to his country, etc.. If it's a factor in what occurred, due to psychological trauma, I understand but that really doesn't sound like the issue here.  Personally, like other things I'm dealing with when it comes to law enforcement, it's called "Professional Courtesy." 

Quoting jmlmomma:

Yes I agree with GoBryan...but I also feel his past services has nothing to do with his future punishments for what he did... I don't understand why it's a factor.

GOBryan
by Bronze sister on Feb. 22, 2013 at 9:22 AM

I agree. At his age, he'll likely die in prison though, if an inmate doesn't get him first. 

Quoting wishbearmom:

He should have been given two consecutive life sentences in my opinion.

CharlotteRose
by Bronze sister on Feb. 22, 2013 at 10:16 AM
1 mom liked this

wow, what a slap in the face to the victims and to their families - he should of gotten the death penalty but i dont think he will be "safe" anywhere....

rojastarr
by Fang Slayer on Feb. 22, 2013 at 10:24 AM

It is sad that the value of those lives were only 38 years but I am glad that he was convicted. May he find the karma he has reaped. I do not think those will be an easy 38 years. As long as he does not get parole he may have a life sentence and never see the light of day again.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)