Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Drew Peterson was sentenced to 38 years

Posted by on Feb. 22, 2013 at 6:41 AM
  • 27 Replies
  • 368 Total Views
1 mom liked this

For the death of his wife.

The judge did take in consideration that he was in the Military and a police officer. I am sorry but he had what 2 wives that was killed (one disappeared and never found) and he gets 38 years because of his past experience with law enforcement and Military?

Thoughts on this? Is it a fair sentencing?

by on Feb. 22, 2013 at 6:41 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
GOBryan
by Bronze sister on Feb. 22, 2013 at 7:54 AM
1 mom liked this

Being an ex cop can cause him serious problems in prison. He just has to come across an inmate he arrested and he's dead meat. I wouldn't worry about it. They convicted him and his life is pretty much over. Even if he gets out, what's he gonna do? He'll be a convicted felon. Those are worse than 3rd class citizens. No one will even hire him. 

jmlmomma
by Momma's new BFF on Feb. 22, 2013 at 7:57 AM

Yes I agree with GoBryan...but I also feel his past services has nothing to do with his future punishments for what he did... I don't understand why it's a factor.

wishbearmom
by Sue on Feb. 22, 2013 at 8:15 AM
4 moms liked this

He should have been given two consecutive life sentences in my opinion.

secondcup5
by Carol - Proud Canuck on Feb. 22, 2013 at 8:19 AM
1 mom liked this

He should never see the light of day again, as far as I am concerned...........2 wives dead and 1 disappeared, what exactly is that saying about the value of human life?

BL2010
by BL on Feb. 22, 2013 at 8:33 AM

UGH... don't get me started... This bastard gets away will killing his wives and all he gets is 38 years!!!! WTF.... He should get the death penalty!

Mariagma3
by Maria - Midwest Lady on Feb. 22, 2013 at 8:59 AM
2 moms liked this

It's fair enough. This man is a POS! His 2 wives are both dead, he deserves this or more!! BYE! He is a disgrace to Illinois!

GOBryan
by Bronze sister on Feb. 22, 2013 at 9:21 AM

I think what they consider is the effect that his past employments may have caused as well as the service to his country, etc.. If it's a factor in what occurred, due to psychological trauma, I understand but that really doesn't sound like the issue here.  Personally, like other things I'm dealing with when it comes to law enforcement, it's called "Professional Courtesy." 

Quoting jmlmomma:

Yes I agree with GoBryan...but I also feel his past services has nothing to do with his future punishments for what he did... I don't understand why it's a factor.

GOBryan
by Bronze sister on Feb. 22, 2013 at 9:22 AM

I agree. At his age, he'll likely die in prison though, if an inmate doesn't get him first. 

Quoting wishbearmom:

He should have been given two consecutive life sentences in my opinion.

CharlotteRose
by Bronze sister on Feb. 22, 2013 at 10:16 AM
1 mom liked this

wow, what a slap in the face to the victims and to their families - he should of gotten the death penalty but i dont think he will be "safe" anywhere....

rojastarr
by Fang Slayer on Feb. 22, 2013 at 10:24 AM

It is sad that the value of those lives were only 38 years but I am glad that he was convicted. May he find the karma he has reaped. I do not think those will be an easy 38 years. As long as he does not get parole he may have a life sentence and never see the light of day again.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN