Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

40ish and beyond... 40ish and beyond...

Soap Operas

Posted by on Feb. 26, 2013 at 12:00 AM
  • 21 Replies
  • 296 Total Views
1 mom liked this

So many have been cancelled in the past couple of years, but they were a part of American culture for a very long time. I remember my mom being addicted to Guiding Light and As The World Turns. Did you grow up in a household that watched them? Did/do you have any favorites, and if you watched ones that have been cancelled, were you surprised, and do you miss them?

by on Feb. 26, 2013 at 12:00 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
maryg38
by Sweet Mary <3 on Feb. 26, 2013 at 6:04 AM
1 mom liked this
My mom used to watch The Doctors, Ryan's Hope, All My Children, and One Life To Live. They are all cancelled, BOOOOOOO..... I don't recall watching the Doctors but I do remember watching all the others with her. General Hospital was my show. I don't watch now the stories are way out there, lol. Now I escape HERE
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
dana63
by Momma of 40ish on Feb. 26, 2013 at 6:14 AM
2 moms liked this

Mom use to watch Another World, Days of our lives and General Hospital and as the world turns. I watched GH but dont anymore and now I listen to Days when I am doing homework as my background noise.

secondcup5
by Proud Canuck on Feb. 26, 2013 at 6:28 AM
2 moms liked this

I remember the Edge of Night being on at our house when we come home from school, sometimes watched it but Mom would scoot us to play.  I watch one soap `Coronation Street`, and I have been watching this british soap for about 25yrs.

maryg38
by Sweet Mary <3 on Feb. 26, 2013 at 7:17 AM
I remember that soap... I would scoot home just to watch the last 15 minutes of The Edge of night on a Canadian channel and wait for GH to start, lol.

I tried watching Coronation but because I didn't follow it I lost interest quickly

Quoting secondcup5:

I remember the Edge of Night being on at our house when we come home from school, sometimes watched it but Mom would scoot us to play.  I watch one soap `Coronation Street`, and I have been watching this british soap for about 25yrs.

wishbearmom
by Ruby sister on Feb. 26, 2013 at 7:25 AM

I'm not familiar with Coronation Street. My mom was addicted to all the CBS soaps: Edge of Night, Guiding Light, As The World Turns, and Y & R.

Quoting secondcup5:

maryg38
by Sweet Mary <3 on Feb. 26, 2013 at 7:27 AM
1 mom liked this
When I was stationed in San Diego the guys at lunch time would turn the TV set in and watch Y&R.

Quoting wishbearmom:

I'm not familiar with Coronation Street. My mom was addicted to all the CBS soaps: Edge of Night, Guiding Light, As The World Turns, and Y & R.

Quoting secondcup5:

wishbearmom
by Ruby sister on Feb. 26, 2013 at 7:29 AM

My best friend was stationed in San Diego. She liked it so much there she stayed.

Quoting maryg38:

When I was stationed in San Diego the guys at lunch time would turn the TV set in and watch Y&R.

Quoting wishbearmom:

Quoting secondcup5:

maryg38
by Sweet Mary <3 on Feb. 26, 2013 at 7:33 AM
There are days I wish I did but am glad I didn't cus I would never have the 2 I have now!

Do you remember where?

Quoting wishbearmom:

My best friend was stationed in San Diego. She liked it so much there she stayed.

Quoting maryg38:

Quoting wishbearmom:

Quoting secondcup5:

wishbearmom
by Ruby sister on Feb. 26, 2013 at 7:37 AM

She was in the Navy, and she spent most of her time doing clerical work on a ship. She met her second husband there and they've been blissfully happy ever since.

Quoting maryg38:

There are days I wish I did but am glad I didn't cus I would never have the 2 I have now!

Do you remember where?

Quoting wishbearmom:

Quoting maryg38:

Quoting wishbearmom:

Quoting secondcup5:

kaarina
by Boston Strong on Feb. 26, 2013 at 11:57 AM
2 moms liked this

My grandmother used to watch Days of Our Lives. I started watching General Hospital when I was 12 and I have been watching ever since.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)