Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

marriage

Posted by on Feb. 27, 2013 at 9:28 PM
  • 15 Replies
  • 306 Total Views

Why do some young people think marriage suck? There are a lot of people out there looking for that special one to get married with but no luck. Is that why they don't want to get married.

by on Feb. 27, 2013 at 9:28 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Bleacheddecay
by Gold Sister -lp on Feb. 27, 2013 at 9:33 PM
1 mom liked this

Probably from watching family with bad marriages? Just a thought.

NewMom11222011
by Bronze sister on Feb. 27, 2013 at 9:36 PM

Perhaps due to the divorce rates?

maryg38
by Sweet Mary <3 on Feb. 27, 2013 at 9:36 PM
2 moms liked this
IMO...they are looking at the outside of the person and not the inside of the person..... It's kind of like the ugly duckling that turns into a swan, make sense?
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
1squishysmom
by Silver sister on Feb. 27, 2013 at 9:41 PM
1 mom liked this

My husband and I have been VERY HAPPILY married nearly 22 years. We set a wonderful example for our sons. Our oldest is 20. He lives with his gf (22yo) of 3 years. They seem very happy, but I hope they wait a bit longer. I want them to be very sure.

My husband was divorced after 5 years of marriage. They were young, marrying at 21 and 18. I don't want our boys to have to go through that heartbreak.

Although age isn't a guarantee of success or failure, life experience and maturity sure does help. There is absolutely no reason to be in a hurry.

puppyha
by Sister on Feb. 27, 2013 at 9:49 PM

You all made some very good point .So what do you think have to change to let people see marriage is still good for us? I tell my daughter that it takes two person to make it work .

1squishysmom
by Silver sister on Feb. 27, 2013 at 9:59 PM
1 mom liked this

It takes 2 people that WANT to make it work. 2 people that can work through small, and sometimes big problems without running to a lawyer. 2 people that can stay faithful to just 1 person for the rest of their lives. 2 people that can stay pleasant to each other year after year after year.

Marriage is NOT for everybody, we were just lucky.

cuteoverload
by on Feb. 27, 2013 at 10:39 PM

I agree that it takes two to make a marriage work, this was my second marriage where we brought kids into the world and he had three daughters before he married me and one set of twins within the three.  He had three children by the age of 21 and stated to me to never ask for twins.  Well, I look back and am glad that we all survived his alcohol abuse and my oldest son still remembers being shoved down the stairs into the glass window and his shoving the bathroom door so hard where the knob broke off and the times when he shoved his fist in my typwriter and jerked the phone out of the wall.  I do not miss those times and can say that I am happily divorced after thirteen years and have an education to fall back on.  If I had to do it all over again, I would have been friends first for at least two years instead of just jumping in the sack and wanting a man. 

GoddessJohnnie
by Goddess Johnnie on Feb. 27, 2013 at 11:01 PM
1 mom liked this
I think some people are in the mindset that they don't need someone to be happy. I think they don't get that the right person will enhance their happiness, not be the reason for it. KWIM?

Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
RoseWall
by RoseWall on Feb. 28, 2013 at 12:51 AM

i think that they do not want to get divorced. so not marrying means no divorcing. just my opinion. i guess i would have to ask if i really want to know. maybe i will ask someone.

looneymom424
by on Feb. 28, 2013 at 9:55 AM

Well my daughter got married at 18 and she went through an abusive relationship she is pregnant now with her boyfriends baby but doesnt want to get married again she was married 5 years finally got the divorce last year.  She said she did the marriage thing and it didnt work.  I understand her point.  Her hubby wasnt like that at first.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)