Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

40ish and beyond... 40ish and beyond...

What is one thing that Cafemom has taught you?

Posted by on Mar. 2, 2013 at 4:20 PM
  • 39 Replies
  • 404 Total Views

What one thing that being on CM taught you?

Do you have a favorite all time post?

by on Mar. 2, 2013 at 4:20 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
1Trixie
by Mary's Shadow on Mar. 2, 2013 at 4:47 PM
1 mom liked this

That there our many Mom's with the same problems as another Moms and we can all help each other. We all just need to slow down, REALLY READ the post and be supportive of the other Mothers feelings at all times, even when we feel mad, upset, hurt, or betrayed. 

dana63
by Momma of 40ish on Mar. 2, 2013 at 4:52 PM
2 moms liked this

This is my 6th year with CM and one thing I learn was life is not a contest and you dont have to compete to have fun and gain support. I have gain many sisters and lost many as well. I always hurt when I lost a sister due to a disagreement and then had to realize that if we were truely a family we would still be a family.

I love my sisters and glad CM has brought us all together!

1Trixie
by Mary's Shadow on Mar. 2, 2013 at 4:58 PM

I joined in Feb of 2007 and I have gained more friends then losing friends, but like you said if truly family/friends an argument would NEVER break up a friendship. So the ones I lost were truly not meant to be IMHO!

Quoting dana63:

This is my 6th year with CM and one thing I learn was life is not a contest and you dont have to compete to have fun and gain support. I have gain many sisters and lost many as well. I always hurt when I lost a sister due to a disagreement and then had to realize that if we were truely a family we would still be a family.

I love my sisters and glad CM has brought us all together!

ashleighmama
by Ash on Mar. 2, 2013 at 5:33 PM
1 mom liked this
It has taught me 2 things: that some moms can be total bitches (not in this group) and some are awesome friends!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
coolmommy2x
by Silver sister on Mar. 2, 2013 at 5:37 PM
1 mom liked this
I agree 100%!

Quoting ashleighmama:

It has taught me 2 things: that some moms can be total bitches (not in this group) and some are awesome friends!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
fern624
by Silver sister on Mar. 2, 2013 at 5:50 PM

I'm going on my 6th year with CM...An i have learned alotbaout just any subject you could bring up... With the designer programs its helped me to be open and creativie...Plus i have learned my computer...aI love it here...And 40ish ans beyond was one of my first group i joined...((HUGS))fern

dana63
by Momma of 40ish on Mar. 2, 2013 at 5:51 PM

Quoting ashleighmama:

Can I be the total bitch??? LMAO!

I fully agree with you!! :)

dana63
by Momma of 40ish on Mar. 2, 2013 at 5:52 PM

Quoting fern624:

I'm going on my 6th year with CM...An i have learned alotbaout just any subject you could bring up... With the designer programs its helped me to be open and creativie...Plus i have learned my computer...aI love it here...And 40ish ans beyond was one of my first group i joined...((HUGS))fern

My dear sweet Fern is one of the best ad I love her dearly! :)

starlight1968
by 40ish hang out queen on Mar. 2, 2013 at 6:20 PM

It has taught me to be more "open" and have fun.  I have made many friends here, can't wait to meet some, talk with some off cm and enjoy the games and parties we have virtually here..  I have lost only one special sister here thank goodness but I know as we all get older it will happen again... HUGS!!

maryg38
by Sweet Mary <3 on Mar. 2, 2013 at 7:52 PM
Going on my 5th year at CM and like many have made some terrific friends and lost some.

Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)